Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Myostat - new inquiries

smokinghawk

I haven't seen if anyone's commented on the recent "Myostatin round table" at T-mag, where the two doctors discussed myostatin inhibition. I emailed one fo the doctors with this message:

Tell me if I understand the situation properly: CSP-3 works in vivo, but in humans this is still purely theoretical, right? I mean, there haven't been human studies or trials that have transferred the test tube results into the human body, correct?

Do you have any thoughts on whether CSP-3 is effective when administered orally and subjected to digestion and liver processes, before binding to myostatin? On some forums there has been speculative talk that CSP-3 is all well and good, but cannot work as an oral supplement. The argument points out that other myostatin binders are injected, and tests done on animals used subjects which were genetically altered to begin with. Is there research behind the efficacy of an oral capsule?

Thanks very much for any time you can take with my questions. I appreciate your help very much!

-S.

The reply:

Thanks for your email. To answer your questions:

1. NO - currently there are no human trials with CSP-3. I know that Tim Patteron et al. have been using 1000 mg/day of the product and should have anecdotal info about its effects soon. But it will be some time (at least a yr) before Pinnnacle or Biotest has any hardcore data in humans ingestion CSP-3.

2. According to Dr. Zakir Ramazanov, the scientist who discovered the myostatin-binding properties of CSP-3, digestive processes do NOT affect the integrity of the molecule. He claims that CSP-3 cannot be broken down to anything smaller and that the "active fraction" does indeed make it into the blood. To be honest, I hope he's right...but I dont know for sure.

Take care,

TZ

Tim N. Ziegenfuss, PhD, CSCS, EPC
Chief Scientific Officer - Pinnacle/Bodyonics
Division of Nutrition, Metabolism & Exercise
Adjunct Professor of Nutrition
Kent State University

Top Bottom