Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lentils

Lentils are an awesome source of protein. I've used them while dieting, and all I can say is: they worked great.

Lentil
Lentil, common name for an annual herb, native to southwestern Asia and widely cultivated in temperate regions. It is a straggling plant, rarely exceeding about 46 cm (about 18 in) in height, having pinnate leaves terminating in tendrils. It bears small flowers with white, pale blue, or lilac petals. The fruit is a pod containing lens-shaped seeds, also called lentils, of which two varieties—small brown ones and larger yellow ones—are cultivated for table use. Lentils, known for their high protein content, are used, when fully ripe, in soups and stews. The lentil plant itself is used as fodder.

Mr.X

:cool:

Yeah lentils are one of my fave diet foods. I believe a lot of folks get some gastro sides if you know what I mean ;) But these same folks seem to have pretty smelly sides from high protein diets in general.

A cup of cooked lentils yields around 18g protein, 38g carbs and less than 1g fat. Though the carbs look high, these are some of the lowest GI carbs you can eat, and the lentils are slow to digest (often incompletely digested) so it's good slow release energy food. You also get a whopping 16g fiber which keeps things clean on the inside.

Top Bottom