Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

length of a ketogenic diet

I'm using a keto diet to help me lose that last bit of fat in my midsection my question here is how long should one stay on this type of diet & should one go back to consuming some carbs once they 've achieved the results they wanted while on a ketoginic diet?:D

From what I hear, stay on it until you achieve your goals.

I think JohnnyO did it for 12-weeks and ended up losing like 30lbs or something like that.

I just started week 3 and will probably do another 3, if I'm satisfied with the results.

I'm contemplating adding insulin for weeks 4, 5 and 6 to see how much of a difference it makes.

Well, I can't specifically answer your question, but I can surely tell you that time wise a 'Ketonic' diet is all based on the dieter. I personally would not run it for more than two weeks without a carb-up. Now, my usual way of running a ketonic diet is as follows:
12 days in ketosis-> 2 day carb up
10 days in ketosis -> 1 1/2 day carb up
7 days in ketosis -> 1 day carb up
-> 1 week break where I take 1 day to eat everything I want, and the rest (6days) eat high protein - mod. carb - low. fat
-> 14 days in ketosis > 2 day carb up
" ^ " then just as the above schedule

You have to understand that this is not for everyone. I am very "extreme" when it comes to dieting. I do things to the dot, no more/no less. So, if I start a keto diet I plan it out all ahead.

Top Bottom