Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ketosis>????

The reason for fat

The reason you need high fat in a CKD is- Where are you getting the rest of your cals? You figure taking in 150grams protein(very modest), maybe 30-50 grams carbs per day, that's only 800 cals/day. You NEED the fat. That's where the rest of your cals come from. Also eating more fat helps your body get into ketosis faster. Unless you're consuming all of your maintenance cals from protein, which is damn hard, you definitely need the fats. This may sound strange but I drink olive oil for my fat. 5-6 tbsp before 2 cans tuna or whenever I consume protein. Flaxseed oil, mayo, butter, peanut butter, any meat, whole eggs are all great. I havent read protein power Magda but I don't understand why they would say you don't need the fat.

when i did ketossis i did bodyopus,it is more for bodybuilding.i would go zero carbs for 7 days then do a 36 hr carb up taking in measured amount of carbs every 2 hrs,even getting up at night.had good results but like i said before i just had to many side effects from it.i now do a lowfat diet about 12 weeks for cutting up.btw if anyone has a problem with energy while doing ketossis mct oil helped me alot .

Oh they definitely wanted you to have fat. They just said not to worry about getting too much. You have to think, most of the country has been counting fat calories for years now and thinking "Hey! no fat! I can eat as much as I want!" They were just trying to break this way of thinking and letting people know if you did not consume too many carbohydrates then just naturally you would not overdo it on fat. You have to think about it, most people don't like fats that are not associated with carbos. The average person isn't going to break down in the middle of the night and sneak into the kitchen for a stick of butter :)

medium chain triglicerates (spell) it will is a oil that your body will burn as fuel,this will really help with energy especally w/ketossis.you can pick some up at gnc,or about any healthfood store.

I see

So they're just saying instead of not overdoing it on the carbs as is the norm don't overdo it with the fats. Gotcha.:)

Thanks freak, I definitely need that energy!

Switched, that is what they said. I was thinking about it and most of the carbs that I really liked had fats that I would not otherwise eat. I mean look at what you put butter, sour cream, what you eat that is fried (most is breaded). You would not use most of this stuff if you didn't have a carbo to put it on like bread, pasta, potato. You can have a very decent meal with a nice steak and some green vegetables or a salad if you leave off the bread, breading and potatoes (with the butter and sour cream!;) )

It has been proven in my maternal side of the family that low fat diets have harmed more than done good. When you cut down on fats you begin to cut out a lot of meat and eggs making your diet consisting of 60% of carbs or more. Now my mother and all her sisters that are living have adult onset diabetes. My uncle Frank does not have it but he never went on the low fat diet.

Top Bottom