Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keto Diet and juice

piojoso

Since CKD are muscle sparing, is there any use for roids?
What is the most effective cutting diet for a juicer?
Thanks

If you do a keto diet in conjunction with roids don't expect to make huge gains in strength. You will hold you muscle pretty well. I hate to do keto diets with roids just because you don't get you size or strength money's worth out of it.

You said keto diets are muscle sparing, NOT CKD's, right?

Keto diets are "muscle sparing" relative to a starvation diet. Dont be misunderstood.

Andy

Keto diets are muscle sparing. And ckd stands for 'cyclical ketogenic diet', so it too is a form of ketogenic dieting. And that is not 'relative to a starvation diet'. Keto diets are pretty fucking effective for fat loss. However most people don't have the will power to see them through, and usually cheat. Whether knowingly or unknowingly, the cheating makes many think that keto diets aren't 'all that'. The reality is, if you can't lose fat on a keto diet, you cannot lose fat. And we all know that you can. However, I digress.

But, insulin is so anabolic, and when on the keto diet, you aren't taking in carbs, so no insulin spike, which to me means a waste of juice. Well, not a waste, but you get the point.

If I did that kind of diet and juiced, it would be a low dose, maybe test/fina. Oh what the fuck am I saying, I would go balls out, do test/fina/eq/winny and eat carbs and say 'piss on you, Mr. Keto'! lol

And keep your hands off my fina! :)

Sir- please explain to me in a coherant fashion (no hand waving) how keto diets are more muscle sparing than a non-keto diet.

Also, I never said that keto diets are not effective for fat loss..

I am not quite clear on the hand waving thing. Also, some of what I wrote is because I know if I did not write it, someone would say that they could not lose fat on that kind of diet, kind of like one of my ex-gf, lol.

Anyways, as simply and as brief as I can...You tell your body what to burn based on what you feed it. At all times our bodies are burning fuel on a spectrum. So, someone may be burning 70% carbs/20% protein (includes muscle)/10% fat. Well, insulin tells the body that it is ok to burn carbs and protein. This is because your body perceives that carbs are in abundance. Insulin also signals the body to store as much as it can into fat. Ketosis tells it to preferentially burn fat. It is like tricking the body into thinking that food is scarce, so it should burn it's fat stores. But there are other important factors, like if your muscles are fully compensated with glycogen, then your body will not burn fat as much as if they were depleted. This is the main reason for the 2 workouts right after the carb up on a ckd.

Ok, there it was simple and short. There are tons of holes there, and if you want the full skinny, pick up a copy of Lyle McDonalds book The Ketogenic Dieting Guide (or something like that, it has a maroon cover). Also, you could join the low carbers list, although it is nowhere near as good as it was 2-3 years ago.

hth
txlonghorn

Top Bottom