Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Just wrote those mother fucking GRE's

Nathan

New member
And it pretty much did not go well. I chose not to submit my scores so I have to write them again dammit.
I started out expecting the verbal section but, oh no, the logic section smacks me upside the head which totally fazed me. I panicked for about 10 minutes and kept reading the same passage over and over again not having one word of it register in my head. I then got ahold of myself and was all, "Look at me go, I'm totally logical." It was too late though cause I had wasted too much time and was pretty much screwed for that section. I probably got 800 on the analytical cause it's easy and the logic usually is too but not this time cause of my panick attack.
The verbal was better than I thought too. Too damn bad I screwed up the beginning. There goes $200 and 4 hours of my time. Ah well. Does any one know what I'm talking about?
 
Graduate Record Exams. Yeah...

Why you taking the GRE?
 
....just claim that it is culturally biased to gimpy hunch-backed, mullet and airbrushed t-shirt wearing hillbillies and you'll get a re-test.
 
I am taking them so that I can go to grad school in the US for astrophysics. Why?
I can re-write them 5 times a year, once per calendar month so it isn't a big deal it's just that you have to pay each damn time. Also, had I kept those scores I would have had to send them to schools right now and I knew icould do far better and I also don't know where i want to go yet.
 
I totally suck at the English part of it.
I never took the live thing - but I have taken probably about 50+ of the old ones (I have books of them, and I'm a dork that likes to take those things).
I would pretty much every time, regardless of how much I studied or not, would get a perfect score on the logic. I'd get close to or right on with the math. and then I'd get like a 400-500 on the English.

I'm apparently mentally retarded when it comes to words.
 
Nathan said:
I am taking them so that I can go to grad school in the US for astrophysics. Why?
I can re-write them 5 times a year, once per calendar month so it isn't a big deal it's just that you have to pay each damn time. Also, had I kept those scores I would have had to send them to schools right now and I knew icould do far better and I also don't know where i want to go yet.

Good deal.....
 
HappyScrappy said:
I totally suck at the English part of it.
I never took the live thing - but I have taken probably about 50+ of the old ones (I have books of them, and I'm a dork that likes to take those things).
I would pretty much every time, regardless of how much I studied or not, would get a perfect score on the logic. I'd get close to or right on with the math. and then I'd get like a 400-500 on the English.

I'm apparently mentally retarded when it comes to words.

That's exactly how I do. If i need to know what a word means I'll look it up in the mother fucking dictionary for Christ's sake. The logic and math are pretty straight forward and that's how my brain works. When it comes to matching pairs of words that have jack all to do with each other i get mad and start swearing which gets me into trouble which just makes me even angrier. Then I need to take a dump or there's gonna be trouble.
 
sure do... I sat down to take the gmats.. and I didnt feel right about it, so at he end of the test I hit cancel... fuck, it didnt even give my score...

agony.. Im going to take a prep class.. I have to hit 650 or better to get into the school I want.
 
That pissed me off too how they won't even tell you how you did. Sucks asshole in fact. When are you re-writing them? I'm going again in two weeks. I might want to try studying this time. I tried two practice tests and the math and logic were easy it was the verbal that was screwing me up so i figured there wasn't much I could do about that and gave up. I wish it were all math.
 
Top Bottom