Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just wondering what your guys thoughts on glutamine are??

I take it in small amounts because if it is the recommended amount I will be in the can all day. It goes right through me for some reason. Anyway the small amount I take seems to work good for me, so if you have a stomach that can handle the recommended amount or better it should work. However, and I have said it before, you have to try the supplements and see what works for you.

each scoop of whey protein has about 4 grams of glutamine. I see little reason to take it by itself? glutamine is an awesome amino no doubt and is worth supplementing but for the price, not for me. All essestial amino acids must be present for protein synthesis to occur, glutamine is NOT an essential amino (your body makes it) but taking glutamine at a time of deficiet can be very beneficial (post workout)

The problem with glutamine is that people use consevative doses like 5g a day, like they would use creatine. To notice any improvement, You need to take 20-40g of glutamine a day. Unfortunetaly, this can get very expensive, so if you are a smaller guy <200 lbs and can afford to take 10-15g daily, forget about it.

If you are a large person, than you will need at least 20 g.

"each scoop of whey protein has about 4 grams of glutamine. I see little reason to take it by itself? glutamine is an awesome amino no doubt and is worth supplementing but for the
price, not for me. All essestial amino acids must be present for protein synthesis to occur, glutamine is NOT an essential amino (your body makes it) but taking glutamine at a time of
deficiet can be very beneficial (post workout)"

Glutamine in its free form is different than the one found in food.

It's been proven that your body can't produce enough glutamine to overcome the stress of training, Valdez.

Top Bottom