Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Much ALA For Just One Meal.. ?

MonStar1023

I am curious what is the dosage of ALA, to get the optimal effects of it for just one meal. I have been taking 600 mg. but I was thinking about bumping that up to around 1000 mg... would that be a bad idea? Or just a waste or what?

;);)

... Seriously please no BS.

No juice here. 1000 -1200 per meal (usually 1000). It can keep you in ketosis even with a normal carb intake of 40-50%. You may even go into ketosis on it alone.

You probably wouldn't want to do high doses for long periods of time as the effects on the pancreas and normal insulin function have not been determined in healthy individuals to my knowledge (the test subjects who received 800 mg 3 times a day were type 2 diabetics so they needed additional sugar support).

It's kind of like being on BodyOpus diet (NOT Atkins, where the muscles get smaller due to carb depletion). This way, you keep taking in carbs and the carbs make it to the muscles. Blood sugar stays relatively low normal and so the benefit is carb useage for muscle maintenence. It will also help you prevent from gettting carb conversion to fat. You will likely lose weight at high doses. But again, you don't want to do it for too long until it's clear it does or does not affect endogenous production of insulin.

I'm waiting on an email from one of the authors of a study on ALA to see if there is any available data on high dose ALA and normal pancreatic function.

I'll report what I hear.

Top Bottom