Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long?

Crazy K

I was curious as to how long some of you ladies have been at this? Many of you look awsome (fabulous abs Phem!) and I wonder how long it took to get there. I get frustrated with seeing results not happen as quiclky as I want......I'd like to know how unrealistic my expectations are. I'm 22 and 1yr in the making (almost) for lifting to build my body. And I want so much more than what I'm seeing, it can bum me out at times.

So, what's the history girls?

Pushed my first 100 lb leg press in 1980 at the YMCA.

First personal gym (not YMCA family membership) in 1983. Discovered the joy of Nautilus and aerobics.

Noticed my biceps were bigger than most girls' in college - 1986

Worked with my first trainer - 1988

Found my first striation - 1991

Discovered how important diet is that year too -- and also how much I hate it!

Trained like maniac regularly for stress relief 1991 - 1999

Trained and competed for first bb comp - Aug 2000 - 2nd place middle weight!

Trained and competed for 2nd bb comp - Nov 2000 - disaster -- but put on more mass than I've ever had in my life. 15" biceps! Naturally! Started visiting bb chats online to pass the time until my next meal.

Dec 2000 - current -- trying to drop the body fat that came along w/ all the new muscle mass. Learning SOOO much more than I knew about diet & training - more than I've learned in all my years of training! May 2001 - became an Elite junkie!

You sound rather dedicated. As am I. I'll work as hard as I need to and eat to fuel (whatever that may be at the time).

Impressive conquers and milestones!

You guys can add pictures, I haven't seen many of you. I'll have a couple to add as soon as I figure out my scanner!

I started in grade 9 doing 20 minute workout (yes for the workout, not like the boys!)

Then I bought some home videos of Jane Fonda and Kathy Kaehelr when I bough a Step for home and did home aeorobics for a while.

Then I decided to join a gym and still just did the cardio machines, no weights.

Only around 6 years ago did I start doing weights, but I didn't do it right, I wasn't consistent, and my diet sucked, low fat high carb!!

Got serious into weights 4 years ago but was on and off judging by where I was in school at the time.

Now I've been solidly consitent with weights and everything!
So i'd go back a while, but really only learend what I was doing the last 4 years!

Top Bottom