Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How did you start??

parker1364

Ive always been conscious of what i eat but ive never counted anything besides protein. Im going to try and start doing everything now and i have everything figured out like macro nutrients calorie and weight goals but i have no idea how to start making my diet. Like actually planning meals and figuring out what to eat on a day to day basis.
So my question is how did you do it? Just look for foods and count everything or what?
I really want to just put together a plan and follow it every week so i know what to buy.
Well anyways this is my first post on elite but i have been on it alot lately so thanks for any advice.

Welcome. I have not been on EF long, but it is a great place for exactly the type of information you're looking for. I think everyone is a little different when it comes to planning their diet, and what works well for some might be difficult for others. Here are some general tips to get you going in the right direction.

-Start tracking EVERYTHING you eat. There are free computer and phone apps for this (my preference), or you can use nutritional labels and a written log.

-Aim for many small meals/day. Your metabolism stays anabolic longer if you spread your nutrients thoughout the day instead of consuming 2-3 large meals.

-Try to plan at least a whole day at a time. Some people do a week at a time, others go meal by meal. For me, the middle ground of a day at a time works best.

-Be consistent. In my opinion, eating well for 3 months is a greater accomplishment than eating perfectly for 2 weeks. Every single meal matters, but a single missed meal or bad meal won't ruin you.

Good luck with attaining your goals.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

diet is hard, and something that for me i couldnt change overnight. i hated vegetables so i slowly started eating more and more till they were tolerable, while at the same time slowly cutting out the garbage. once my quality of food intake was satisfactory then i typed exactly what i ate into an online macro calculator to figure out what my cals, pro,fats, and carb % were all at. i know for myself and alot of ppl who are very into lifting, bbing, powerlifting whatever i find they eat very repetetively.. so it makes doing macros easier. but once i know my numbers and my bmr, i adjust slowly till i hit my ideal percentages, say 50% pro 20%carbs 30% fats if im cutting, and my caloric intake. it took me a good year to get my diet where i was happy and my body adjusted to it.

but thats just me, when i would try and just switch my diet overnight it never worked so i phased everything in/out slowly so it always seemed like it was the way i ate.

Top Bottom