Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hmm....Lignans and the Natural BB?

chillin408

Since estrogen has a role in muscle growth, would high lignan flax oil be something for a Natural bodybuilder to avoid?

I think you are misunderstanding the role of estrogen, for it DOES NOT have a direct effect on muscle growth. Healthy levels of estrogen will promote effective IGF-1 production, and excess estrogen will just bring about gyno, water retension etc. etc....you catch my drift...just stick with creatine/protein/glutamine and you'll be fine.

Mr.X :cool:

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I don't understand the role of estrogen, and by which mechanisms it aids in muscle growth, or at what levels,etc.. I just heard that it had a role in muscle growth.

I already take flax oil, but was wondering if I should buy the 'high lignan" type instead?

I am natural, and do not use pro-hormones. So I don't think I have to worry about gyno or any other estrogen related side effects. Could supplementing 'high lignan' flax oil at 2 tablespoons a day kick me out of the healthy estrogen level range?

chillin408 said:
Thanks for the reply. Yea, I don't understand the role of estrogen, and by which mechanisms it aids in muscle growth, or at what levels,etc.. I just heard that it had a role in muscle growth.

I already take flax oil, but was wondering if I should buy the 'high lignan" type instead?

I am natural, and do not use pro-hormones. So I don't think I have to worry about gyno or any other estrogen related side effects. Could supplementing 'high lignan' flax oil at 2 tablespoons a day kick me out of the healthy estrogen level range?

No, don't buy 'high lignan' flaxseed oil, for I have not seen it to prove itself effective or feasible as a better supplement for natural bodybuilding. My suggestion is: stick with normal flaxseed oil and add grapseed oil to that combo. (grapeseed=omega 6)

Mr.X :cool:

For Mr. X

Do the lignans get in the way of the absorbtion of the fatty acids in flax? I know that they provide fiber, but I can supplement that differantly if need be, my main interest is the flax fat.

Top Bottom