Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High Uric Aci= Low protien+SUCKS FOR ME!

musclefattie

doctor's told me my uric acid levels are too high putting me at risk of gout attacks(hereditary). He said i should seriously cut down on my protien consumption.
this ofcourse sucks since i am in the middle of trying to cut up.
ANy one know of a natural way to maintain muscle on a low protien higher carb diet (damn!):mad:

You can maintain muscle on CKD (Ketosis) with low-protein on the line. While, low-protein and high-fat is believed to be catabolic, people do not realize the power of Ketones (the byproducts of free-fatty-acids)...Ketones are protein sparing and are very effective at keeping your muscle mass, while losing that unwated body-fat. You can use the low CKD ratio:
85%fat/15%protein, I think 15% protein from you daily BMR is very low and will not go against your doctors advice. BMR=weight x 12..

Mr.X :cool:

It is easier for your doc to tell you to avoid all protein rather than take the time to tell you which proteins to avoid.  Shellfish (Lobster, crayfish, prawns, mussels, oysters, crabs, scallops),  Organ meats (Liver, kidney, brains, sweetbreads), All red meat (Especially game), Peas, beans, Anchovies, mackerel, sardines, and herring are best avoided. As long as you drink LOTS of water all the time you should be able to eat decent amounts of foul, eggs, dairy proteins and many types of fish (ie chicken, turkey, whey, cottage cheese, cheddar, tuna etc....). A small dose of baking soda or citrate with a high protein meal may also help prevent uric acid precipitation.
Of course Mr X's suggestion will also work OK for short term dieting, and it would prolly be a much better method of cutting than a low protein high carb diet!!

Top Bottom