Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with Newbe Diet/Training

sixsixtysix

I want to start off by thanking all of the posters on this board for such good information.

I started to train last October 2001 for the first time in about 12 years. I was 30 years old 6’1 210# 36-38 waist (don’t know body fat percentages….but it was not pretty. ) My diet was mostly fast food, coffee, red bull and cigaretts. I have slowly gotten into weight training and cardio. I do weights about 4 days a week and cardio about 3. I still have not figured out a solid weight program yet……I get ideas from this board (currently the 5x5) and split body parts as suggested in the “Arnold Bible”. I don’t know if this is a good idea….but anyway….

My diet has been pretty clean (no junk food)…but I don’t know if I am eating too much or too little…I still can’t figure it out. A “typical day” looks like this (I try to eat every 2-3 hours)

Workout 5-6am (weight or cardio)
2 scoops whey shake after workout
1 cup oatmeal and one scoop of whey mix around 7-8
about 3 check breast OR 4 cans of Tuna before lunch (split up 1 every hour)
maybe a 2 or 3 protien bar snack.
4 more cans of tuna OR 2-3 chicken breast in the afternoon.
1-2 cups of Oatmeal + 1 scoop whey for dinner and maybe some more tuna/beef or chicken)
2 spoons of Flax Oil at night
2 scoops of whey shake b4 bed.

I only drink water. And have some apples and brocolli when I can through the week.

I supplement with multivitimens, whey (designer or nitrotech) and use an ECA stack a few times a week b4 cardio or when I’m sleepy.

Since October my body has changed for the better…I like how I look….but still really want to improve things. (I just don’t know how to do it) I know I can get FAT EASY…and DON’T want to get fat again!
I just had a Bio Profile done last night at the gym looks :
31 years
6’1
176#
12% bodyfat (id like to drop this and get bigger)

Bicep:12.5
Flexed Bicep:14.25
Upper Chest: 39.50
Mid Chest: 38.25
Umbilicus:32
Smallest:30.5
Hips 38.5
Thigh: 21.75
Calve:14.5
Forearm: 10.75

Body Composition (mm.) 37.0
Chest: 4.0
Abdominal 16.0
Thigh 17.0

My goals are to get stronger and ‘look’ better…..I have changed a lot since October but don’t know where to go from here. Any suggestions with my diet? I have no idea if I’m on the right track….I’d like to be a solid 185 with a32- 3- waist and little fat I guess? Does this sound about right? I'm not too interested in bodybuilding......I just want to push my body and see what it can do. (for the first time in my life)

Offhand it sounds like you are doing just fine. You should calculate or p/c/f and calorie totals. You can get the numbers at fitday.com or by reading the labels on your food.

I think you just need to stick with it for a while....I think what you are looking for is within your reach...it just might take a couple years of consistency to get there.

If you wanted to get huge then you'd want to look at eating more carbs but I think you're on the right path for your goals.

One small thing, if you're using ECA, there's no real point in using flax, caffeine pretty much negates its benefits. Use fish oil instead.

looks solid - that diet is ace. just hammer out a routine you're comfortable with, then do it up for a couple months. good luck!

definitely figure out your total cal. intake to see where you are at. Also figure out the Protein / Carb / Fat split will also help you and us out to fine tune your diet.

Looks pretty good to me but every person responds to things differenty...try it out and see how you feel and play around with it a little bit to find whats right for you.

Fish oil / Octosanol

I am going to replace Flax oil with some Salmon oil Pills...how many should i take? (my stats are listed in the "Newbe diet thread)-btw thanks for all the help! The pills i got were the Carlson Salmon Oil 2 pills contain 750 mg omega3. Should I take them twice a day with meals? Gotta love the fish burps!

I was also told to take 1x 5000mgc of Octosanol.....is this worth the bother? I read conflicting reviews. (i got the wheat free...it looks like most comes from Spinach)

Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom