Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help a brother with his diet... desperate help needed

quartermiler

Hey bro's, I would like you guys to look at my diet and tell me what you think. Let me first say my goals are this: I am a track athlete, so gaining muscle is important but I still need my energy to train on the track so a low carb diet is sorta out of the question. I lift pretty intense right now, explosive movements and bodybuilding type exercises since the season doesnt start for another 2 months. Possibly going to cycle 50mg of winny everday also. Here is my diet. Im not asking you guys to give me one but just look at the one I prepared for myself and tell me what you think. Once again, I am looking for strength... not TOO much size, but some more size (muscle size, not fat, if that makes sense.)

Morning:
One medium Bagel
Yogurt

Afternoon
2 scoops protein w/ OJ
Ham sandwhich w/ 4 slices ham and 2 slices wheat bread
Yogurt
Gatorade

Post workout
2 scoops protein with OJ
one can of tuna
Cup of soda

Evening
1/2 chicken, White meat w/ skin
banana
1 scoop protein w/ OJ
gatorade

I totaled it all up, used a very in depth chart for foods and it came up as this.

Total Carbs: 279g
Total Protein: 246g
Total Fat: 34.5g
Total Calories: 2329

I am 18 years old, 5'9" and weigh 158lb's to give you an idea of my size. I have been lifting for 5 years, 3 years very dedicated. Not to sound arrogant but I have been able to stay pretty lean and pretty ripped with a high metabolism. I have never tried a set diet, just ate whatever there was to eat but sometimes didnt eat all day cuz i wasnt hungry. So I am hoping on this diet to get me into the swing of things. Im sorry for the long post bro's but if you guys could give me your opinions, that would be awesome. Thanks Again guys!

You gotta be more specific about your goals... how much muscle do you want to put on? Do you want/have to lose any fat? What kind of time-frame are we talking about to do all this? And what does your training and cardio regimen look like now? Need more info...

I want to gain lean muscle, dont want to gain ALOT of weight, a little bit would be good. My training split is: Monday: Chest, Arms... Tuesday: Shoulders, Back Wednesday: Legs

I dont wanna type out my entire workout but I workout very intensly... heavy weight, but perfect form so not an obscene amount of weight. I am looking to pack on lean muscle, not alot of fat, cut up a little bit, but still keep my energy up to do my track taining.

I dont know what I just told you that I didnt tell you in the last post... but yea, there it is again. My cardio = I am a track athlete... so I run alot. I am cutting back on my running now tho so i can pack on a little weight, then i will begin to run again in about a month then 2 months from now I will be doing intense training on the track.

Well since your goal is to add muscle you will need to increase calories. I suggest starting with 2700 a day. You'll probably need more, but its better to slowly increase calories.

Secondly, your fat level is a tad low. Your macrontutrient ratio is 46% carbs, 41% protein and 13% fat. I think you'll get better results with about 20-25% of calories from fat. So add some flax, or peanut butter or something.

Your carb sources are mostly sugar. I'd replace the OJ and yoghurt with complex carbs like oatmeal, brown rice and yams.

And cut down on the protein powder. Its good postworkout, but regular food is better the rest of the time.

quartermiler said:

Morning:
One medium Bagel
Yogurt

Afternoon
2 scoops protein w/ OJ
Ham sandwhich w/ 4 slices ham and 2 slices wheat bread
Yogurt
Gatorade

Post workout
2 scoops protein with OJ
one can of tuna
Cup of soda

Evening
1/2 chicken, White meat w/ skin
banana
1 scoop protein w/ OJ
gatorade

I totaled it all up, used a very in depth chart for foods and it came up as this.

Total Carbs: 279g
Total Protein: 246g
Total Fat: 34.5g
Total Calories: 2329

I am 18 years old, 5'9" and weigh 158lb's to give you an idea of my size

I think you gotta eat a better breakfast... something like oatmeal and egg whites + a couple whole eggs and maybe some fruit. I agree with ditching the [high GI] OJ--except for post-workout--there it's o.k. Processed ham is no good--use something better like a chicken breast or even lean red meat. Gatorade is nothing but sugar water. And yeah throw in some flax and/or NATURAL (not Jiffy) peanut butter. Judging by your age (high BMR) and your activity level (high), I'd say you gotta up your daily cals to like 2600-3000 to put on muscle... you have to experiment and see how many cals is right for you... you need just enough to put on lean muscle without putting on fat. Oh yeah... no drinking (I'm sure you knew that). Good luck.

Top Bottom