Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

flax seed oil

smr91481

i went to gnc yesterday to get some flax seed oil and all they had were these gelcaps. i'm getting it to add some calories to my diet but these little 500mg gelcaps only have 5 calories per pill. it says take 1-2 daily...is that enough?

Nope, not as far as i'm concerned anyway. In fact i'd say you probably wasted your money. Hope it wasn't a big bottle or hope it was atleast cheap. I try to take 12 gr./day which would = 24 caps. Try some drugstores for flax oil or order online. If none of that is an option the caps will do the same job but it seems to be more costly. If you are upping your fat because of a keto diet you may want to look into olive oil and/or safflower oil. all grocery stores have them and compared to the flax/fish/ and caps. its cheap.

If its a quality source and kept sealed, dark, and cold it's not to bad. But yes, It can get a bit nasty.

hey s... i did the same thing and thought i ended up with a pretty much useless bottle of capsules. thanks to magda ;), i learned that atleast the capsules are good for keeping your hair and nails healthy. but it's not the same as the oil, for the diet purposes. thing is you actually need the fat, more than just the small amount the capsules provide, atleast. for me, i pretty much gett all of my fat from flax. i know, i know... i need to incorporate some olive oil, yada yada, but i'm just getting into this intentional fat intake thing.

in order to get in a fairly good amount of efa's, you should most likely consume an average of about 2-3 tblsp/day=28-42 g/ day. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong, here). i've just been adding 1 tblsp in my protein shakes, about twice/day, and it isn't bad at all. i've just been doing it for like 5 or 6 days. i'm seeing results in my abs for sure. my obliques are super defined right now, moreso than last week, but it could just be my diet, too. this week, i've been an :angel:

:D

p.s. i use spectrum organic flax oil (black bottle w/ pretty blue flower on it:))
1 tblsp=126 cals and 14g fat (the polyunsat. fat is 10 g... that's the goods, right there) :D

Please don't fucking BITCH! ABOUT FLAX TASTING BAD,,, YOU DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO..god damn homos.

For all of you that take your flax like a man...much love.

keep up tha good work..

p.s. caps suck.
Drink that shit from tha bottle.

peace

If you don't like the taste of flax oil, mix it 50/50 with corn oil for the same benefit. Works like a charm.

Top Bottom