Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Filtering rubber particles from gear

joejoe4334

Hey guys, hoping to get some input.
Typically I get my gear in 5/10ml vials. This round I got then in 20ml vials. That said, due the amount I'm withdrawing, small rubber particles are now in the oil.

I would like to filter the oil but am not sure what the best practice is.

I was thinking getting some .45um syringe filters and withdrawing from the contaminated vials and then backloading the oil with the filter on into a new syringe and then injecting the filtered oil into a presealed sterile vial. Does that sound right? I have read about venting needles etc but am unsure what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

I had the same problem! I went ahead and withdraw really carefully and made sure I didn't suck up any of the rubber stopper particles. Not sure if it was a good idea maybe I just got lucky. I would also like to know how others handled thus situation

I get chunks of rubber in my gear all the time. I just inject that shit straight up bro. Right of passage in my opinion. #yolo #pussy

Harddrock, I got 20g 5um filter needles but when drawing, I get loads of air bubbles. Any suggestion?
Also, I have drawn with a normal needle and then put the filter needle on and back loaded an extra syringe. Is that just as effective?
Thx in advance

Hey guys, hoping to get some input.
Typically I get my gear in 5/10ml vials. This round I got then in 20ml vials. That said, due the amount I'm withdrawing, small rubber particles are now in the oil.

I would like to filter the oil but am not sure what the best practice is.

I was thinking getting some .45um syringe filters and withdrawing from the contaminated vials and then backloading the oil with the filter on into a new syringe and then injecting the filtered oil into a presealed sterile vial. Does that sound right? I have read about venting needles etc but am unsure what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Your procedure sounds right. Use a good Whatman filter .45 or .22 micron.
Transfer into new sterile container.

Little air bubbles when injecting IM aint shit. Do your best to get rid of them, but don't sweat it.

Top Bottom