Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Female PCT after Test Prop cycle

Mh48500

As we all know there is not a ton of information out there about female steroid cycles, and a lot of what is written are men applying their steriod experience to a female. Well it does not apply.

Anyways a while back my wife was debating a test cycle and when I was not satisfied with the info available I turned to a few female members here at Elite for advice .That advice was invaluable and my wife decided to go forward.

I wanted to publish a cycle log but my wife did not want to. The cycle went great and the sides were relatively minimal...goals were acheived so I figure it was successful.

PCT

Most people will say there is no need for PCT with a woman, well they are wrong!!!! The shock of suddenly stopping the AAS has been a lot more than we expected. I dug around and found a post on another forum that pretty much says what I was looking for. Hopefully anyone planning a cycle, or currently in one can find some help from the post.

ok... this subject has been up for debate for as long as i can remember... There are not many studies nor research as with aas and pct for men...

So, i figured it was about time to make a post about women's pct options to help out women when coming off a cycle and to help men help women since we are VERY different!!!

Post Cycle Therapy i am sure you have heard time and time again... For men, this usually includes an ancillary to re-stimulate natural test production etc. With women, PCT is VERY VERY different.
I know it has been the general assumption that women do not need pct, however, it has come to my attention (and from years of experience) that we actually DO in fact need PCT...

Post Cycle Therapy for women obviously does NOT include a
test stimulant, but rather other factors...

Tapers:
Everyone wants to know about tapering... Well, that really depends on the aas you are using... The milder the aas, the less the taper. For example, anavar does not call for a taper, however many women have seen less side effects post cycle with a little post cycle taper. This may be 1 week after you complete your cycle where you taper down. Considering the average dosage is 10mgs, a taper would be: (5, 5, 5, 2.5, 2.5, 2.5)

In my own personal experience with anavar, a taper for me really isn't necessary... so just stopping is fine. HOWEVER, i do apply Post Cycle Therapy!

I feel PCT should be considered due to these reasons:

1. Depression: MANY women report depression post cycle. I personally got it really really badly last nov, so now the last week of my cycle, i start cycling in 5HTP. You can also use St. Johns wart or valerian root etc...
  2. Estrogen Rebound: Granted anavar is a mild androgenic, it is still an androgen. Some women experience a slight estrogen rebound. I personally have ALSO experienced this...
    One of the ways i counteract it is to take
    "Twinlabs Male Fuel". This actually aids allowing my test levels to lower but not drop, thus preventing an estrogen rebound. When a hormone drops suddenly another one always tends to increase to counteract, even though it may not be beneficial to us...
    Another way is to use a very very mild dosage of an estrogen suppressor (ie. nolvadex) to allow the estrogen to slowly level out as the test levels fall post cycle. (As our test levels begin to return to normal and decrease, estrogen will increase post cycle, due to the fact that an aas does suppress estrogen levels a bit, so a suppressor will control the speed at which it increases- thus preventing a possible estrogen rebound!)
  3. Appetite: Most AAS tend to increase your appetite. This has a bit to do with an accelerated metabolism (increased muscle and protein synthesis), nevertheless, aas can increase appetite. With that said, I think a strict diet should follow your cycle.
    My reasoning for this is that fact that since you have an increased appetite from using an aas, now that that is over, you will continue to experience an increased appetite, but with no aas anymore. Basically saying that now that you are OFF, you will not be using all the calories/fuel as efficiently as when you were ON. So if you splurge like crazy, you WILL notice a rebound in weight and or fat. Get it
    wink.gif

I HIGHLY recommend a clean diet for about 2 weeks POST cycle!!
My wife personally got hit hard with depression and major loss of apetite.

Good luck!

I saw a study a few years back that showed it takes up to a year for a woman's natural testosterone levels to recover from even a basic cycle. I wish I saved it.
Everyone needs PCT.
Years ago I was working with a Dr's and had them screen my blood once a month. We did this for over a year. I knew what my levels were prior to running a low dose cycle (250mgs of test for 10 weeks). I'm talking test, free test, FSH, LH etc. Well, following exactly what a well know guru showed me did not lead to recovery. I am sure I was better off than I would have been without it but it took me 11 months to even get close to precycle levels.
Knowing for a fact what is going on in your body is very eye opening. Esp when you get older. You think about your future more.
I am a firm believer women need PCT for any AAS they use.

I agree with everything stated. I have never and will never run any anabolics without a PCT. Foraged PCT works as well as the Man fuel, and is easier to find but it is a little stronger so I usually use only 1/2 the dosage. I also like to add in large doses of evening primrose oil to my PCT to help regulate estrogen and progesterone.

Thanks for the input! Mention female PCT and most guys would laugh, but from firsthand experience I see that it is necessary. We will definately do better the next cycle, agian thanks.

My favorites are Bridge and the Post/Unleashed combo, both at Needtobuildmuscle.com. I never do a cycle without at least one of those on hand

My favorites are Bridge and the Post/Unleashed combo, both at Needtobuildmuscle.com. I never do a cycle without at least one of those on hand

Good to know, thanks. Everything is a learning process and we are adding to our knowledge and experience. Like I said before there is little info out there and we have really been helped by the input of other members.

Top Bottom