Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ethyl oleate breakdown

fcfmuaythai

will ethyl oleate degrade if exposed to light for extended periods of time? In other words, must one store EO-based gear in amber vials?

Yes it is light sensitive and will destroy hormones if left out in certain light conditions!:mad:
Thanks n take care
Kris R-

I personally make intermediates for the pharmaceutical industry, we have to follow strict guidelines for all chemicals used ,we are trained and tested on each chemical hell we are even trained on reverse osmosis water !!!
Each chemical has a MSDS (material safety data sheet) they are govt. standard!
After reading this topic (EO is it light sensitive ,our amber vials better)me and my sidekick (kitchen chemist) looked into this ,this was the answer from the MSDS EO manufacturer's 1-800 # -
Us " does light affect EO And if so how "
Oper. Answer " definitely light even from as low as fluorescent ceiling bulbs can and will break down the viscous nature of Ethyl OLEATE ,worse yet open air can speed up this process and cause bacteria to buildup!
So the final conclusion is amber vials will help ,if you have clear store them in dark places away from heat sources (we all know what happens to overheated engine oil worse yet Ethyl Oleate contains fatty properties and fat sizzles brother)so in a nutshell air and light are a menace to this compound!
I personally never had an issue with EO I love it ( cause of how thin it is,can carry big mg AAS and many other reasons!)
I am not at all saying that light can hurt EO in no time or by heating it to sterilize your product,but I will after this info take more precautions,
I know if the viscosity is broken your injection can cause the oil to be absorbed leaving behind crystals that cause pip and can lead to an abscess also it can cause your hormones to crash!
Hope this helps; below is part of the MSDS/

Storage:

Section 1: Chemical Product and Company Identification
Product Name: Ethyl Oleate Catalog Codes: SLE1972 CAS#: 111-62-6
RTECS: RG3715000
TSCA: TSCA 8(b) inventory: Ethyl Oleate
CI#: Not available.
Synonym:
Chemical Name: 9-Octadecenoic acid (Z)-, ethyl ester Chemical Formula: C20-H38-O2
Contact Information:
Sciencelab.com, Inc.
14025 Smith Rd. Houston, Texas 77396
US Sales: 1-800-901-7247 International Sales: 1-281-441-4400
Order Online: ScienceLab.com
CHEMTREC (24HR Emergency Telephone), call:
1-800-424-9300
International CHEMTREC, call: 1-703-527-3887
For non-emergency assistance, call: 1-281-441-4400
Air Sensitive. Keep container tightly closed. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area. Sensitive to light. Store in light- resistant containers.

Take care KRIS RUYAK---

Top Bottom