Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

EFA's

TheBandit

I know that Essential Fatty Acids(EFA) are important, and what foods have a good source of EFA's?? I know Flaxseed Oil is good, but to be honest, I know absolutely nothing about what exactly is does, and where I can get it, could someone enlighten me?? :confused:

so what advantage would flaxseed give me if I'm cutting?? Also, I'm 14, 5'10, 187 pounds. I'm done bulking for now, and ready to get rid of some BF. How much flaxseed would I take and what can I expect to happen?

I always research and educate myself b4 trying something new :)

bandit... i can't even begin to tell you how much flaxseed
will help...

its got EFA's as you know... great ratio's of them...
omega 3's 6's and 9's.....

they can't be digested but your other fats within your body
bind to them and thus are released from the stored fatty
cells...

it takes fat to lose fat and this is the best thing for
you... yes foods contain EFA's but not in the quantity that
your body needs!

You don't *have* to use flaxseed oil to get EFAs, it is just the simplest option for most people. Instead of trying to get the right amount of the fats from other sources you can just take a few tbsp of flaxoil and not worry about it. Personally I can't stand the shit. The taste is horrible to me and no it's not because it was rancid. I've had many bottles and all tasted horrible. I choose to get EFAs from other sources now. Here are some good ways to get them:

Omega 3 enriched eggs(very good choice, taste the same but more expensive)
Natural Peanut butter
Olive oil
Safflower and Canola oil
Fish oil caps
Cold water fish(Salmon especially)
Peanuts, Almonds, etc...

I try to eat grilled salmon for dinner about 3x a week. I only eat omega 3 eggs now. I get 3-4 tbsp of natural peanut butter a day at minimum and any time I eat tuna I add in some olive oil.

Again you don't have to use flaxoil to get benefits from EFAs, it's just the easiest option for those who don't want to think twice about it.

ok, with all this good news about EFAs and Flax, I think I'll go buy some, does any1 kno where I can get some that I dont hafta order online? Is Flax a GNC type product or a supermarket type product??

Probably won't find it at a standard grocery store. Go to your local organic grocer or supplement store. It must be refrigerated as well and stay away from the flax tablets they aren't as good.

Just a note that peanut butter, olive oil and peanuts are very low in EFAs...anyway the ratio of EFAs is also important most western diets have way too much omega 6 and not enough omega 3

According to Udo Erasmus ("Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill") you should go for a ratio fo omega6:eek:mega3 of anything from 4:1 to around 1:1

Check out the fat roundtable here:

http://www.testosterone.net/html/124fat.html

Ok, I dont know if there is a organic market or whatever near me, but I'll look into it, because it seems to be worth it, also, do you guys know the approximate price of flaxseed oil? :)

Top Bottom