Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

efa oil - supposed to taste like this?

young guns

i just got some health from the sun total efa oil and it tastes like shit. the expiration date is 2003, so it should be ok. but i know flax oil can get rancid so how do i know for sure this is ok? i've never had any flax or efa liquid before so i don't know how its supposed to taste. it's a really dark yellow color too by the way.

It doesn't taste good, so nothing's wrong with the EFA oil. And yes, it's dark yellow in color. The high lignan flax that I have is a light brownish/yellowish color. The Flora Udo's Choice perfected oil blend I use to use was dark yellow.

The expiration date is not the main issue.

You MUST keep your oil in a cool place (fridge) or it might get rancid

BTW, it should not taste like shit
it is almost tasteless or a nutty taste

Throw that shit in the garbage or try to get a refund! I have tried Health from the sun's flax oil (bought UN-refrigerated at Trader Joe's) and it is despicable. Others who bought it elsewhere mentioned that it taste fine. I now buy a different brand and it taste fine. I pretty sure that if you try any other brand it will taste at least decent after your horrible experience with Health from the sun.

Hit the nail on the head there Chillin, I got the Trader Joe's flax oil too...bleurgh, shudder...liquid halitosis, kind of a shame because their supplements are high quality.

I've been using the Sun EFA for 3 months now and the taste is just bearable when taken straight. When you first open it you might see a dark yellow or a light brown. Torwards the last few doses it really starts to taste nasty and you can see the color changing to a darker brown, but I finish it anyway mix with my protein shakes and don't taste it at all. I order mines from DPSNutrition at two bottles at a time. The shelf life with out refridgeration is as long as you don't open it. Once air hits it shelf life (with refridgeration) is about 1 month. That's why I only order the 16 oz. The only thing i know is that it works. I've pain in my right knee for about 5 years after hurting it playing softball. Tried everything to get rid of the pain. Went to the doctor and they said is not serious enough to do any kind of surgery. Had taken all kind of pain pills and the help very little. After 1 week my knee pain was cut in half and I was able to add 20 pounds to my squat. After 2 months a barely feel the pain and i have added another 30 pounds to my squat. So I will deal with the little after taste for less joint pain. Hope this helps.

thanks for all the replies guys. i got the oil from dps, so i have no idea how long it sat unrefrigerated, but it's in the frig now.

it is tasteless at first, it just leaves a horrible aftertaste, and i'm not usually one to bitch cause i didn't expect it to taste good. i know dps doesn't do refunds so i'll have to try going directly through the company and see if they'll replace it with some fresh stuff.

Top Bottom