Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Do you think Time Travel is Possible ?

nope, cause if it did someone woulda come back in time and wed know about it...

oh yea, also, the whole concept of it is rediculous
 
Well if it wasn't possible, how the fuck do you explain WODIN? (Paleontologists are now calling WODIN and asking him how the velociraptors really hunted)
 
Yes and no.

It's already been proven that certain particles can travel backwards in time. I think -- Maybe I'm wrong

Stephen Hawking said that time travel into the past _may_ be possible, but not time travel to the future....since the future hasn't happened yet.

Fuck it all. I just go with what Star Trek tells me, in which case, yes time travel is possible and it happens a whole lot. :)
 
Fuck it all. I just go with what Star Trek tells me, in which case, yes time travel is possible and it happens a whole lot. :) [/B][/QUOTE]:FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol:
 
BB that's one of the best ones yet! LOL!!!!

Space-time all exist as it was, is and will be. There is no such thing as the linear progression of time, the only linear aspect is our perception of time and motion. (It's a valid theory so bite my ass!)

I also like the doubling theory. That everything in the universe is constantly doubling in size and that this OUTWARD growth is what accounts for gravity rather than the perception that we are a constant size and that gravity is a force.
 
BigBazooka said:
Well if it wasn't possible, how the fuck do you explain WODIN? (Paleontologists are now calling WODIN and asking him how the velociraptors really hunted)

come on!!! we all know wodin is ad and not bc.. there have been tests you know.
 
rushx79 said:


come on!!! we all know wodin is ad and not bc.. there have been tests you know.

Yeah right. Here's a pic of WODIN logging in to EF. I guess you could call him "VET".

caveman.GIF
 
Actually, time travel is possible, and it's proven scientifically. It's possible to travel into the future but with the limited resources that we have today it can't happen, at least on the scale that we all think about. Now back a few years ago scientists placed one atomic clock on a plane and flew it around the world, the other atomic clock stayed stationary. When the atomic clock that was on the plane returned to its origination point they noticed that there was a very minute difference it times of the two clocks. The one that was on the plane was ever so slightly slower than the one that stayed on the ground. To put this into terms that we'd all appreciate, "if" we could travel at 99.9999% of the speed of light in a space craft for 6 years, when we returned to earth 420,000 years would have passed. To travel back in time one would have to travel faster than the speed of light, and according to Einstein's Theory of Relativity this isn't possible since an objects mass becomes infinite when it reaches the speed of light. The theory of traveling back into time is another topic and there are some possibilities which could make this happen but I don't have the time to go into that right now.
 
Sure time travel is possible, its all a mathematics/physics game…im sure it will take many many many (100’s) of years before anyone is able to even come close to doing it.

You can though, go back in time, so to say, well more like you can watch what happened in the past while here in the present….if scientists could build a telescope big enough and powerful enough, and be able to travel close to light speed if not light speed (I predict someday it will be possible to travel light speed just as long as there is some special pressurized …and a bunch of other technical mumbo jumbo….cabin that would keep you from exploding ….anyway if we could travel that fast and traveled to a planet or star X-amount of light years away from earth…using the powerful telescope…and looking at earth threw it, you’d (in theory) be able to see the past, like the birth of Jesus, since the star is so many light years away , present day earth on that star would be many many many years back, they wont see present time on Earth (for example 2002 if it was possible to do this now) for a long long time.
 
Time Travel to the future IS possible. We cannot do it, but it is physically possible.

Simply accelerating to the speed of light for a given period of time will cause time to move more slowly in the system.

So if I travel at the speed of light to Alpha Centauri (4 light years away I believe) and back, I won't arrive here in the year 2010 - it will be much later.

Time Travel backwards? I have nothing to say about this except:

a) I do not think it is possible.
b) If it is possible, it will not have any effect on the timeline in which we currently exist.
c) If it is possible, any "time traveler" we may encounter in the future will not be from OUR future, because OUR future has not yet come to pass, since I do not believe in a predetermined progression of the universe... i.e. I don't think we can predict everything that will happen tomorrow based on what has happened up until today.

-Warik
 
There are two methods to travel through time.

1.) Speed
2.) Gravity

According to Einstien's theory of relativity, time travels slower the closer you are to a gravitational field and vice verse.

Thus, time travels faster on top of K2 than at the bottom of the Mariana's Trench.

And we all know the speed theory, so I'll save you the heartache.
 
Time travel happens every day.

Submarines travel slower through time when cruising at 300m.

Airplanes (due to distance from the center of the Earth not due to speed) travel faster through time.

There's just no way to produce time dilation in "Science Fiction" proportions.
 
Time travel (into past or future) is not possible, but...

If you lived a couple of hundred years ago, talking to someone else with no physical connection on the other side of the world would seem impossible. (I'm referring to cell phones).

Plus numerous other feats that was once thought impossible that are possible today.
 
alien amp pharm said:
Time travel (into past or future) is not possible, but...

If you lived a couple of hundred years ago, talking to someone else with no physical connection on the other side of the world would seem impossible. (I'm referring to cell phones).

Plus numerous other feats that was once thought impossible that are possible today.

You really need to brush up on your relativity.

Like I said, time travel happens every day, just not in "science fiction" proportions.
 
Code said:
You really need to brush up on your relativity.
Like I said, time travel happens every day, just not in "science fiction" proportions.

Well I assumed that the thread starter was referring to is actually the "science fiction" proportional time traveling, rather than the insignificantal/minute time traveling that you specified.
 
alien amp pharm said:


Well I assumed that the thread starter was referring to is actually the "science fiction" proportional time traveling, rather than the insignificantal/minute time traveling that you specified.

Cosmic rays travel through time constantly and at "science fiction" proportions.

Problem is, we can't percieve things any faster than the speed of light. So we have to live with the hand we were delt.

Besides, if jet lag sucks imagine the crappiness of leaving one time frame and entering another. I question if man could even survive the effects of time dilation to that degree.
 
Code: I see you know a lot more than me in this subject, I'm not here to argue. I can't see how it would be possible to time travel (years ahead or backwards) and even if it were possible, I agree with you - I don't think a human could withstand it.
 
alien amp pharm said:
Code: I see you know a lot more than me in this subject, I'm not here to argue. I can't see how it would be possible to time travel (years ahead or backwards) and even if it were possible, I agree with you - I don't think a human could withstand it.

I don't know all that much about time, but I do know relativity fairly well.

But human time travel is *possible* but not probable in the near future.

Some scientists have had luck in creating wormholes (atomic sized ones) using particle accelerators. But wormholes aren't stable and atomic sized ones don't allow much to travel through them.

But time travel does happen. We just don't recognize it.

Neutrinos and muons travel through time (at science fiction levels), as do cosmic rays. But that's not as sexy as people traveling through time I guess. :)
 
Top Bottom