Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet on off days

hhassan

I'm currently working on a 4 day split and was wondering if I need to eat less on off days or continue consuming the same amount every day of the week. Any advise would be appreciated.

Welcome to the boards :)
What are your goals? and how long have you been training?
If you are looking to gain muscle, then I would eat the same even on off days.
The worst that can happen is you'll put a slight amount of fat (assuming your eating clean and at the right times) but your muscles will have all it requires to recover and grow.

IcE

Welcome to the boards :)
What are your goals? and how long have you been training?
If you are looking to gain muscle, then I would eat the same even on off days.
The worst that can happen is you'll put a slight amount of fat (assuming your eating clean and at the right times) but your muscles will have all it requires to recover and grow.

IcE

IcE, my goals are to gain muscle and lose fat. I've been training off and on for 23 years (mainly off due to a lower back problem that I constantly suffer from). Back in may I weighed 186 lbs but I was at 26% fat. I decided to eat clean and trained 6 days a week for 3 months. I managed to shift 22 lbs. My body fat percentage is now down to 17%. The past two weeks I have started to increase my intake and have decided to train each body part once a week over 4 days. I'm seeing some gains but my body fat percentage is also creeping up. Not desirable as I tend to lose muscle when I try to reduce fat. What do you do to help burn fat?

You see, it's very difficult to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Like your diet has to be perfect.
What tends to be the most common method of achieving the desired look your going for is cutting / bulking or bulking / cutting.
Since your at ~17% BF, i'd recommend you cut down.. i.e keep doing what you were doing before until you reach approx 10-11%.
From there you can gain muscle, it's also important you eat clean during bulking. Minimizes the amount of fat you gain.
I used to weigh 143lbs when I started training, since then i've reached ~187lbs and only put on ~1 and a half inches on my waist.

Now to retain muscle while cutting fat, it's important you keep your protein high. I'd say around 1.5g per lb of bodyweight.
Cut your carbs depending on what your maintenance calories are.
Keep your fats at around 70g.

Make sure you are still doing weight training while cutting, it helps preserve muscle mass, don't worry too much about the isolation exercises. You need to be doing
the big movements such as squats, deadlifts, bench press, bent over rows and military press.

Good luck bro.

IcE

Top Bottom