Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet for strength not size?

Valdez

do powerlifters diets vary alot from a bulking diet for a bodybuilder? I seem to notice a VERY strong correlation with big carb intakes and BIG strength.

I don't care about size right now, I just wanna break some personal bests for strength when I'm done with my BB show.

Strength is more do to with the nervous system and fibre recruitment and all the rest of that bollocks. At a guess a muscle full of glycogen will also be full of water, ie bigger muscles which will in certaian lifts such as the bench reduce the range of motion and improve leverage.

anyone? bump

Just an update.

Valdez: I Have been trying to lose weight.
I have cleaned up my diet. and i do cardio in the morning.

3 weeks i have lost 2 Kilograms of body fat.

But in those three weeks I have added 30 pounds to my bench press. (im not bullshiting)
Im training bench 5 times a week. and squat 3. (i only gained 20 pounds on the squat)

so my guess is......you dont need a massive diet to gain strength. although when i have reached my ideal goal.......i will bump up the eating.

hey its winter time in australia.....ive got all the time in the world

bench 5x a week? dude no more than 2-3x even for Power lifting.

1x heavy 1x speed work (quick twitch muscle and "form" day)

limit it to two days a week and work on form more and you raise it another 30lbs for sure. good luck, and thanks for the response.

Valdez:
First time i read about this type of training.......it flipped my mind. I didnt start it.......cause i was afraid my nervous system would shut down!
I have recieved great gains from it.......so i guess it works for me.
BUT this week i have switched to this:

day 1 squats, with assistance exercises
day 2 off
day 3 Bench press, with assistance exercises
day 4 off
day 5 Deadlift, with assistance exercises, chins
day 6 off
day 7 off
(if i dont think i can handle the deads.....i leave them out and just do assistance)
I have decided to throw in the 5 times a week per lift program every 3 to four months, then switch back to a program like above......or a west side style one like you mentioned.

I dont know if switching programs every 2 mins would be good though. If it works out.....or i find information other wise i might chuck in pure hypertrophy months as well. just doing 3x12s or something

Top Bottom