Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet advise/tweaks?

paintballproam

Posting on behalf of my girlfriend

Age 25
Height 5'5
Weight 143

Training:
Monday: chest and bis +30mins cardio intervals heart rate range 140-160
Tuesday: legs and core
Wednesday: 30min cardio intervals 140-160bpm
Thursday: shoulders and tris
Friday: back and traps +30min cardio intervals 140-160bpm

Diet
Meal1: 1 banana, 9tbsp egg whites, 1tbsp almond butter, 1/2scoop whey

Meal2: 5oz chicken, 1/4cup brown rice, 1tbsp almond butter

Meal3: 5oz chicken, 175g sweet potatos, 1tbsp almond butter

Pwo: 1scoop whey isolate, 1 small apple

Final meal: 5oz sirloin steak

1473cals
156g protein
101g carbs
51g fats

8wk progress has changed from 157lbs to the current 143lbs
Significant strength increase on all lifts.
Supps: fish oil, multi v, pre workout, and an ec stack

This is what I designed for her and so far it seems to be working well, just wanted to see if any women wanted to chime in here. Just to give a perspective for reference, her long term goal is women's physique, somewhere along the lines of dana linn bailey.

Thanks in advance

Good job on the progress! That's great for 8 weeks. You know that old saying..if it's not broke, don't fix it?!? ;)

Honestly, if it's working, ride it out as long as you can. I would die on that diet because it's not much "food". But that's my personal preference. I'd rather eat a ton of veggies and feel full vs a couple shakes and almond butter.

Depending on her body make up, the calories are low and eventually, when she plateaus (which we all do) you may want to consider taking a week at maintenance or throwing in one or two days at maintenance, just to give her body a break. I wouldn't drop calories too much further, tbh. Just my thoughts! Well done. :)

Diet meals may sound unappetizing, but they don't have to be. Portion control allows you to eat the foods you love without having to break your diet. The average person should be able to lose weight on a 1,500-calorie daily diet consisting of three meals, ranging from 300 to 500 calories each, and three small snacks throughout the day. Eating at regular intervals will help you stay full and avoid diet pitfalls.

Breakfast

Eat a good breakfast. A nutritious breakfast will help you resist stopping at a fast-food drive-through on the way to work or snagging a doughnut from the break room. A 300-calorie breakfast of healthy foods will keep you satisfied until lunchtime or at least until your mid-morning snack. One 300 calorie breakfast consists of 1/2 cup dry oatmeal and 1/2 cup frozen blueberries cooked in water with one scoop (80 calories) of flavored protein powder stirred in after cooking. This dish can be prepared in the microwave in only 3 minutes. (Remember to reduce the amount of water when adding frozen fruit.) Another idea is to cook eggs along with egg whites for a low-calorie breakfast. One whole egg provides 75 calories while an egg white has only 17 calories. If you don't like the taste of egg whites, mix in a few whole eggs to improve flavor.

Lunch

Allow yourself approximately 400 calories for lunch. Preparing your own lunch at home will make counting calories much easier but sometimes it just isn't an option. Plan ahead and look up the nutritional facts for the various places you eat regularly by visiting the restaurants' websites. Some restaurants do not provide nutritional information to the consumer. You may want to avoid those restaurants when you are counting calories. When you can find nutritional information, pick a few different menu items in advance so that you will have options when it is time to order lunch. At McDonald's, a premium Caesar salad with grilled chicken, topped with low-fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and a small vanilla ice cream cone add up to 410 calories.

Dinner

Dinner on this meal plan can contain up to 500 calories. Include a serving of lean protein such as chicken, fish, beef with all visible fat trimmed away, tofu or tempeh. Add at least one serving of green vegetables and one serving of whole-grain bread or starchy vegetables, such as yams or potatoes. A typical 500-calorie dinner is a 6-ounce broiled chicken breast, a cup of steamed broccoli, one small baked yam with two tbsp. sour cream and one small apple. Focus on healthy food choices so that you can eat more food to avoid hunger and food cravings.

Snacks

Eat small, 100-calorie snacks throughout the day in order to control hunger. Some ideas for 100-calorie snacks are 10 almonds, 3 cups of air-popped popcorn, two large flavored rice cakes or 6 to 8 ounces of orange juice (the calories vary slightly for different brands). You can also use 100-calorie snack packs, but limit them to one a day because most of them are high in sugar.

Top Bottom