Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine: Builder or Bloater? What dose?

glutamine is great for recovery... teaspoon first thing in the morning, right after my workout and right b4 bed has done wonders for my overtrained ass...

I need to get some glutamine.....did a search on it and read a thread on one you posted Phemomena.....was about to ask you how you dosed it .........now I know :) You are such a fountain of info --- Thanx girl :D

no probs... one thing about glutamine, if you can afford it, get the peptites (sp?), rather than L-glut. its really costly, but its great shiet...

with l-glut, it is most effective if not consumed with protein (this is a tricky one).. it can reduce its effectivness... i always take mine on an empty stomach or with a carb drink... the peptites you can take with protein...

hope that helps...

Last edited:
Phemomena said:
with l-glut, it is most effective if not consumed with protein (this is a tricky one).. it can reduce its effectivness... i always take mine on an empty stomach or with a carb drink... the peptites you can take with protein...

what exactly are the differences in your physique when you take it?

in my physique? not really anything that i've noticed... but i've definately noticed an improvement in muscle recovery when i'm taking it... i've been through various phases of training in the past 6 months or so, often bordering on overtraining, and have noticed that when i've got the glut, i'm not so sore and worn out from my workouts...

ha! i have so much stuff in my vitamin/supplement cabinet....!

I've been taking it without knowing it in Twinlab amino fuel. My brother is a natty bb'er and takes it...he mumbled something about recovery, so I buy it...now you've confirmed my little bro's opinion.

It says something about being peptide bonded on the bottle...so I guess that since I take it with my protein drink I haven't been wasting it! thank goodness.

Thanks for the info.

Creatine monohydrate (5 g x 2/d or split into 4 servings if it bothers the stomach) taken with food and plenty of water. Plain L-glutamine 5 g, 2 - 4 x per day. Peptides are expensive and L-glutamine does get into the system if you take more than 2 g at a time. Take with plenty of water. And protein, at least 2 - 2.5 g/kg body weight per day.

The basic three.

Cramping with creatine is fairly rare. Stomach cramping is usually due to taking it on an empty stomach or with too little water. Ditto with glutamine. Muscle cramping has many causes, but less likely due to creatine solely.

Monohydrate or micronized monohydrate is best. Serum or liquid creatine is too unstable. The fizzy stuff, pyruvate or citrate is a waste of money.

Some get water retention with creatine, others not. I recommend creatine and glutamine to any serious client, esp those that don't eat much red meat.

HMB is useless.

I use/recommend good generic (i.e. Eclipse, etc.) products. With MuscleTech, EAS, etc. you're paying for big ads and fancy promos, not much else.

I'd also mix you're own products vs buying the "shotgun" products. You never know what if anything really works when you take everything at once. Besides, you're paying for all the extra shit that does nothing.

W6

wilson6 said:
. Plain L-glutamine 5 g, 2 - 4 x per day. Peptides are expensive and L-glutamine does get into the system if you take more than 2 g at a time. Take with plenty of water. And protein, at least 2 - 2.5 g/kg body weight per day.

W6

am i correct in the belief that L-glut is not effective when taken at the same time as protein (doesn't it bond to form complete proteins, which renders it basically useless?)

i hate to spread misinformation, and i'd really like to know the truth myself since its really hard to take something w/o protein when you're trying to get a good amount of protein in your diet! it would make life a lot easier if this was not true...

Top Bottom