Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

creatine and explosion........

WayCoolJR21

how much will creatine help with overall explosiveness?
for example....
things such as medicine ball throws, vertical jump, cleans, snatches........anything that requires "fast strength"

I just read somewhere that it lends itself to being usefull in this regard, which right now is a priority in my training.

I've stayed away from it becuase of the "bloat", but if it can help me along the lines of becoming more explosive, I can definately deal with the water retention.

How has everyones results been with creatine as far as this is concerned??

I know I can honestly say that creatine has increased my overall muscle torque and explosiveness a lot. I can honestly tell in a big way when I'm not on creatine, compared to when I am on creatine. But that's just me.
If you don't necessarily trust people's personal accounts, then go do a search on medline and go through the peer-reviewed journal studies on creatine. There should be a scientific answer to your question out there. Just dig around.

it'll make your muscles a little smoother, but the extra water you'll be carying will be in the muscles... so it's not going to make your face puffy or anything like that...

some people say creatine does nothing for them... I'm on the other end of the spectrum... I carry another 5-10lbs when I'm on, and if I had to use one word, "explosive" would be it...

it's affordable enough... give it a shot!

Forrest

I haven't had quite the dramatic results that ISN_Man has. However, the differences in explosive power are at the very least noticeable, and more than worth any temporary bloating.

I used to use the Jarrow formulas "Surge", but I've been using the Mass Quantities "Volumex". it's cheap as hell and every bit as good as "Creapure" or any of those...

I always liked the Jarrow "Surge", but it's a HELL of a lot more expensive than Mass Quantities, so I decided to "mix" my own...

Creatine, Dextrose, L-Glutamine, Taurine, and ALA

though it works JUST fine mixed straight with Gatoraide! :D

everyone will tell you not to take too much... I always take more than recomended... taking more than your body can use can be hard on the kidneys, but I drink a SHITLOAD of water when I'm using creatine (2+ gal/day) and never have a problem... my philosophy is that I'd rather take more than enough and have as much as possible in my muscles than take more "reasonable" amounts and not be saturated!

I LOVE Creatine...

Forrest

do you guys drop weight when off creatine? more importantly do you drop in power when off creatine? It's been so long since I've used it I forgot.

The Nature Boy said:
do you guys drop weight when off creatine? more importantly do you drop in power when off creatine? It's been so long since I've used it I forgot.

A little bit in both cases. I personally think that a lot of it is psychological.

Top Bottom