Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio Heart Rate / ECAs

papaya110

The theory is that to burn fat (via cardio) - you need to work at a lower intensity (lower heart rate). Xenadrine and other ECAs increase your heart rate to a level (when combined with aerobic exercize) that burns more carbs than fats. I am confused...can someone help clarify?

Thanks!

:angel:

as long as your are within your fat burning zone for your heart rate then i wouldn't matter. If your heart rate is still too high due to the eca, consider taking half your regular dosage. If that doesn't work then drop the eca before your cardio.

Big difference on how these 2 work to burn fat. ECA works to increase your BMR; cardio requires lots of energy.

ECA and similar stuff increase your body temp and heart rate causing you to burn more fat. Plus ECA targets fat, but I can't remember the specifics of this. You should know that 75% of the weightloss effect on ECA comes from the appetite suppression you get from all the caffine and ephedrine. But it really does target fat and it is effective. Be careful using it though.

Cardio just demands more energy; its that simple. When doing cardio at low heart rate values (~60% to 78% of max HR) you predominantly burn fat. In most people max HR can be roughly figured by subtracting age from 220. Someone who is 28 would have a max HR of 192 and 60-78% of this would be 115 to 150. As your get fitter your max HR will actually increase and your aerobic zone will drop.

ECA and cardio together will push your HR into the zone where it is more difficult to burn fat so your bod starts to burn glycogen or carbs. At lower HR or workloads your body can effectively burn fat as an energy source. But as HR and workload increase your body needs more fuel faster so it switches to carbs. Either way you are burning raw calories, but ideally you'd want to always burn fat.

I 'd avoid ECA combined with cardio. Do not ever take so much ECA as to approach these HR values!! ECA should raise your HR some. ECA is a nice boost, but can do serious damage to your heart (like all speed-ECA is basically speed) if abused. Effective dosage is 3x 300mg a day probably for 2-3 weeks. Cycle off and increase cardio, but give your heart a break. Using ECA is like reving the motor in your car at stoplights. You can only do that so long before the motor gets damaged.

FHG

Thank you very much for your input! I guess I just really needed some confirmation that ECA plus CARDIO was not really a good idea. I am especially concerned because I am primarily an endurance athlete.

This morning I did my run without the Xen and it felt much better! Like a run is suppposed to feel. For 2 days, I attempted running/swimming plus ECA and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack!

Thanks again!

:angel:

Top Bottom