Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CARBS - Which ones?and when?

gurps_cov

Can anyone clear up my confusion. I know there are simple carbs and complex carbs. The more magazines i read, the more confused i get because people offere different views on them.

My question is: When should you take complex carbs and when should you take simple carbs?

And would it also be useful to take a sugary drink immediately after workout while travelling back home from the gym?

simple carbs after work out is a must. You can have simple carbs early in the day if you must have them but you would be better off with complex carbs as much as possible except for post workout. other than that complex carbs are best throughout the day

It would be very useful to have a sugary drink right after workout in the car. thats what i do.

post workout

From what I have read there are 2 types of post workout sugars you should drink. One is dextrose and the other one is maltodextrin. There are differing opinions on which one works best. Plain table sugar contains fructose which doesnt replenish muscle stores. Dextrose goes straight to your muscles which is what you need post workout. THe easiest form of dextrose is sweettarts.You will have to read the label and see how many carbs is in a package. You will nee 75-100 grams post workout. Hope this helps RD

Buy some pure dextrose form supplementdirect.com and take about 70-80 g with some creatine and glut post workout. you can also just mix 50g dex with 25g ultra fuel to mix the complex/simple ratio.

def buy dextrose off of www.supplementdirect.com, its only 10$ for a container that has 77 servings of a 75 gram dextrose serving, that will last your around 3 months which is great. also just to clear it up most ppl prefer dextrose over maltodextrin even though maltodextrin has a higher gi b/c maltodextrin is actually a complex carb with very weak bonds. also to help u out simple sugars should be avoided all times of the day except postworkotu because they are absorbed more quickly which causes an insulin spike, an insulin spike will shuttle the broken down carbs where it needs to go and if u are inactive and do not require energy the carbs will have a greater chance of being stored in fat tissue. complex carbs do not create such an insulin spike and are absorbed slowly, giving your body time to burn the glucose off. more important though is just the glycemic index and insulin response to certain carbs, not if they are simple sugars or complex b/c some simple sugars are low gi, such as milk which is even lower than oatmeal but contains all sugar carbs in form of lactose.

Hey 110%

110% said:
def buy dextrose off of www.supplementdirect.com, its only 10$ for a container that has 77 servings of a 75 gram dextrose serving, that will last your around 3 months which is great. also just to clear it up most ppl prefer dextrose over maltodextrin even though maltodextrin has a higher gi b/c maltodextrin is actually a complex carb with very weak bonds. also to help u out simple sugars should be avoided all times of the day except postworkotu because they are absorbed more quickly which causes an insulin spike, an insulin spike will shuttle the broken down carbs where it needs to go and if u are inactive and do not require energy the carbs will have a greater chance of being stored in fat tissue. complex carbs do not create such an insulin spike and are absorbed slowly, giving your body time to burn the glucose off. more important though is just the glycemic index and insulin response to certain carbs, not if they are simple sugars or complex b/c some simple sugars are low gi, such as milk which is even lower than oatmeal but contains all sugar carbs in form of lactose.

I noticed the new splenda had dextrose and malto in it. Is this fine too? It comes in packets, so how do you know how much 50-60grams are?

I'm no expert on splenda, but I am pretty sure it is a "sugar" substitute. And if your goal is to get in 60 grams of pure dextrose (sugar), you may want to actually order pure dextrose. I think the reason that maltodextrin and dextrose are listed on the ingredient panel on splenda is because they are fillers, and are in very discrete amounts. Anyone else have info on this?

Ryan

Top Bottom