Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best time of day to take creatine/glutamine

chickmagnet

Can someone explain the best time to take these, and whether or not they should be taken together? Also where would ALA fit in?

Check out the supplement discussion board

You might wanna head over to the supplements forum- good guys and info over there on supps. But creatine - take after your workout with your post workout shake or the like. Some say glutamine and creatine shouldnt be taken together b/c they compete for absorbtioin- i dont know though b/c there is conflicting evidence - but if i were you i'd take it either after you workout(also some say that it isnt absorbed well or is broken down when you take it after a meal) so take on an empty stomach to ensure max absorbtion. Either after workout or right before bed(there is possibly a growth hormone spike when glutamine is taken- right before bed is optimum time) your body creates a GH surge when you enter deep sleep i believe- so it will mimic the body's cycle of GH spike and have an additive effect- i think. good luck. oh and on ALA i dont have any experience with this yet but also i think after meals(shuttle the nutrients after meals into muscles more effectively and after workout- its a good insulin mimicker and much more- would shuttle the creatine you take post workout into muscles)

-Soma

creatine is best absorbed first thing in the morning and right after an intense workout, just make sure your taking it with some form of dextrose to get the insulin spike needed for it to be absorbed.

I take glutamine before I workout and after and also right before bed I just take a spoon full and wash it down with water

Top Bottom