Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Protein Powder?

Legion Kreinak2

Alright, I went to www.netrition.com and looked at their Whey Proteins. The highest, fastest digesting is supposed to be Whey Protein Isolate... but it only has like 23 grams per serving, and is horridly expensive...

Would it be that much worse to get Concentrate rather than isolate? Can anyone recommend a good protein powder to get online? Point me to it, I need alot of protein.

Also, how can I really get more protein in morning. Eggs are out. Gas, bad breath -- girl doesn't like that, nor do I. They suck anyway. I figure I can have a protein shake or something in the morning, too.

Whey isolate is theoretically better depending on what your goals are, I dont know of any places online but i do buy isopure and it kicks ass(it also has minute quantities of glutamine, key work minute), it tastes great and I have seen significant gains.
If you can get a casein based protein as well, IMO it is very benefitial to protein absorbtion, it is slow absorbing, so if you workout at the end of the day for example, your still digesting the protein throught the day, and stuff...you can also take it before you go to sleep.

Legion Kreinak2 said:
but it only has like 23 grams per serving, and is horridly expensive...
23 g per serving is pretty good, if it is the usual 25g scoop per serving. The amount per serving doesnt matter. A "serving" can be any size. What you need to look at is the percent protein by mass. Divide (grams of powder per serving) / (grams of protein per serving). The higher, the better.

Would it be that much worse to get Concentrate rather than isolate? Can anyone recommend a good protein powder to get online? Point me to it, I need alot of protein.
Can I ask why you want concentrate? It will have a lower % protein per serving.

Also, how can I really get more protein in morning. Eggs are out. Gas, bad breath -- girl doesn't like that, nor do I. They suck anyway. I figure I can have a protein shake or something in the morning, too.
Protein shakes, cottage cheese, chicken, fish, beef, milk, etc.

Top Bottom