Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BEGINNERS Luck, where do I begin???

cownslr

I will begin by saying that I am a beginner, however, I've been working out ever since I can remember. I am a "sson to be" 32 yr old female. 5'5 and a whopping 185lbs. Although those who see me on a day to day basis guess me at 150lbs. Either way it is not my comfort zone.

My boyfriend is an ex-bodybuilder and has been quite informative on different occasions. But not when it comes to beginning!!!!

I work out 5x a week. Usually 2 days a week is focused on legs which consists of squats w/15lb dumbells of 4 sets, then seated extensions where I'll pyrmid up to 70lbs, which is another 4 sets, seated leg curl, again pyrmid up to 90 lbs, between 4and 5 sets, followed by straight leg deadlifts w/15lb dumbells in each hand, and thats barely squeeking 3 sets out. Seated calf raises is next where I'll pyrmid up to 125lbs, 4 sets, then 3 sets of standard calf raises, no weights, followed by stomach whether its crunches or medicine ball. depends on my mood.

Within the same week I will do upper body 1 day, which is bicep curls, prymiding up to 50lbs, then hammer curls w/15lbs, 1-2 sets. Triceps is skull crushers or closed grip pull down, again pyrmiding. Back is one arm row pyrmiding up to 25lbs, then lat pull down at 55lbs for 3 sets. Chest is dumbell press w/25 lbs. Shoulders, dumbell press' pyrmiding up to 20 lbs then one last set of side raises at 10lb dumbells.

Then the following week I will switch to upper body twice a week and vice versa. On the days in between I get up 4:45 and run for an hour for my cardio.

My diet SUCKs, Iam very much aware of that.

Lately it has been just whenever I grab something.

I was at one point eating egg whites in the morning

2 hours later having a protein shake

2 hours after that having a can of tuna

2 hours later, a yogurt

2 hours later, dinner, which was usually a chicken breast or sirloin burger, or fish, no more than 6ozs and then 6-8 ozs of a vegetable, then

2 hours later another protein shake.

The results were I went from 165lbs to 185lbs, but my clothes were down in one size. But of course I freaked when I looked at the scale and stopped eating. I know!!!! Very stupid.

So, my question is, can someone please give a specific plan, including meals and workouts.

My goal is NOT weight oriented, but to be lean, strong and at least make a difference in my appearance that is noticeable.

Well I'd also like to decrease my bf from 28% to at least 20-21%. And not overnight.

Also I started taking md-6 as well as ALA as mentioned on the womens board by someone(the ALA that is). I take 200mg before I go to bed and another 200mg before I run on the days I do the one hour cardio thing.

I also slacked on my water in take. Before I was drinking between 64 and 80ozs, but by reading all of these posts I can clearly see that is not enough.

Any help would be extrememly appreciated.

I am an attorney that works between 60 and 80 hours a week, but still find the time to take this very seriously.

Thank you in advance.

I'd begin by suggesting that you need to get back on the wagon with your diet routine. If you're goal is to add lean muscle mass and reduce body fat percentage at a "reasonable/healthy" rate, you should restrict your diet to 1350 - 1500 calories/day. (I'm assuming you have a slow metabolism)

Based on your previous results, I'd say that you managed to add some muscle mass, but didn't really lean down.

As for your resistance training, I'd recommend single muscle groups 1x/week. Mon-Chest Tues-Bi's/Tri's Wed-Back Thur-Shoulder Fri-Legs. This will allow you to work each muscle group more thoroughly and have more recovery time inbetween.

Cardio-5x/week for 60 mins before your first meal. I've said it in several other post, but I took off 35lbs in 3 months and dropped 4" in my waist.

If you have any other questions or need assistance with anything else, please feel free to e-mail me.

Digital Ronin

Thanks a ton for responding, and in a polite manner I might add.

I've come in here on many occasions and seen individuals get really rude when someone was just trying to get a question answered.

Congratulations on your weight loss. That is a huge difference.

My diet days are beginning tomorrow. As well as seperating the muscle groups. I never thought to do that.

? though. There was a formula that i found on one of these posts that helped you determine your BMR as well as your AMR. My BMR was 1,569.34 and my AMR was 2,510.94. In the post it was recommended that in order to lose weight, your caloric intake should be 15% less than your AMR, which puts me at about 2100.

You stated to keep my caloric intake between 1200-1500.

Will that be too little. Oh well, I could never get up to the 2100 anyway. i think a lot of my problem lies with not eating enough, calories that is.

Anyway, THANK you again for responding...

Thanks... :) A good rule of thumb is that if you have a slow metabolism mutiply your wt x 10. (The number increases as your metabolism is faster, goals, etc...)

Start off at 1850 Kcal/day and make sure to eat 5-6x/day (Doesn't look like it will be too hard for you). Divide these evenly with the majority of your carbs post cardio and post work out. (Assuming you do these at different times in the day)

Keep your carbs to non-processed. Rice/potatos/Yams. Eat lots of vegi's with fiber. (Stay away from corn and carrots) And stay away from dairy.

Also, if you aren't using any e/c/a, add them. (Adipo, Hydroxycut, Lipo, Xenadrine, etc...) A diet like this may work for you.

Meal 1: 4 egg whites & 1 yolk/1 cup oatmeal w/tablespoon peanut butter

Meal 2: Protien Shake (30-40g of Protien) and a pear or apple

Meal 3: 4-6oz of lean red meat, chicken or fish. 1/2 small baked potato or 1/2 cup of rice plus 1/2 cup of vegis (More vegis are fine)

Meal 4: See meal 2

Meal 5: See meal 3

Meal 6: Protien Shake with L-Glutamine

Also, I typically double my carbs intake post work out (Not everyone will agree with this), so what ever meal in the list above is post work out, just double the carbs. Hope this helps and good luck...

Top Bottom