Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

before bed protein

young guns

alright i need a protein thats good to take befroe bed. i was thinking of ordering a custom blend from protein factory. i was gonna have cfm whey isolate, egg white, and micellar casein or casienate ( each type will make up 1/3 of the blend ). how does this sound, and which do you think is better, micellar or caseinate? also, does their protein taste alright?
any other suggestions are welcome.

young guns, I have used their night formula which sounds similar to what you mentioned.. It works good and is a pretty slow-releasing protein mix.....The taste is ok, maybe you can order with some Splenda to help out.. Try to stay away from carbs or extra sugar...

if it is before bed, you obviously have time ot cook a meal so i would go with whole food if i was you, why rely on a powder and supps that who know might not even be true to its nutrition info stated, also whole food is better. go for some cottage cheese, chicken, egg white,etc. in my opinion.

I use a Protein Factory Blend of 50% caseinate 25% micellar casein and 25% soy isolate. vanilla flavor sweetened w/ splenda.
Only thing I would change would be to replace the some of the soy with whey concentrate for taste.
It tastes ok and seems to be helping w/ recovery.
Whole foods might be better, but I get off at 3AM so I just shake one up, down it and hit the bed.

thanks for allthe replies. as far as cooking before bed, that really isn;'t an option for a couple reason: i'm in a dorm at college so i only have a microwave to cook with, cafeteria food before bed is a bad idea because i can't get anytyhing high in protein but low in carbs and fat, and i want to eliminate the carbs before bed. so, a protein shake is tghe best way for me to go now, when i get home for the summer i can rely on shakes less and stick to morte whole foods.

You don't have to cook cottage cheese or canned tuna. I think if you can hit the solid food go for it, it's far superior IMO.

Top Bottom