Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Arginine and Glutamine OK to Take Together?

rogerwilcox

I am taking arginine (with relavent co-factors) for increase Nitric Oxide and for Growth Hormone release.

I am also taking Glutamine (for all of the obvious benefits - muscle growth, immune response, etc.).

My question - can I take the two together and still get the benefits of both?

Further - what if I took them with a meal? Will the effects of them be significantly decreased?

I take them separately now, but it's a pain in the ass.

Any advice? (Please cite your research if possible).

I LOVE this board.

Roger

They are both amino's. They are found together naturally in stuff like chicken and steak so why wouldn't you be able to do both?

take em seperate, u need to take the arginine by itself on an empty stomach and give it 30-45 minutes to absorb or it wont work to its potential

Mrzap, sometimes you take aminos separately as if you take them with other aminos they form peptide bonds that may or may not render the desired effect.

For example, some people take tyrosine to increase norepenephrine levels in the brain. If you mix it with other aminos you don't get this effect.

However, as I understand it (someone who knows better - please correct me if I'm wrong), you can take glutamine with other aminos and it doesn't really matter as the positive effect of glutamine comes from increasing the overal amount of glutamine available in your body.

For the arginine, though, I'm not sure if the increased NO and HG levels will be enjoyed if you take them with other aminos.

We really need someone like Huck or PA1AD to comment on this, I think.

Again, please back up your response with some research. Bodybuilding "lore" can be quite useful (for example, standard body building knowledge says that the most important supplements you can take for increasing mass are protein, glutamine, and creatine - and that's quite right), but can also at times be quite wrong (as is proven by many things we did in the past that are now known to be dead-wrong).

Roger

Top Bottom