Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Anyone here work as a loan officer or know someone that does?

Slyder190

New member
I am thinking about maybe taking a loan officer position. I hear it can be good money once you build yourself up. Anyone have any info they can share?
 
I have family in the biz. It is feast or famine in their office, some guys make a lot, most make a little. If you get into it, try and learn as much as you can about the finances behind real estate transactions.
 
I've been doing it for 7 years now. My first year I made $10K doing it. The past 3 I've done very well. The only way to make steady income is to have purchase business. It's all relationships.
 
i'm a loan officer/broker (have my license).

i'm starting to do really well but i already have a bankground in the business. The company i work spends alot of money on leads and have creative marketing strategies which brings in a ton of business. The commission split isnt the best on company deals but i've built alot of referals of those and that's where i make the real money.

most people aren't built for it...it's hustle, alot of thinking outside the box and building relationships.

reason most people don't succeed or don't make as much money as they should is because they think they need to follow the old school blueprint of building business (relationships with realtors, etc bs).

almost everybody in my office that's been around makes at LEAST 80k a year..... all the good loan officers make well into six figures.

If you're smart and can manage your pipelines effectively you can never be dry....most people just get complacent and comfortable once they have a big month instead of using it to fuel them.

I love it because the income is limitless........ i went from being flat broke to ready to buy a house at 22.
If you find a niche in a rich group of people you can do 3-4 loans a month and be banking.

i'll tap into my pockets and make only like 1000 bucks off a loan if i know somebody will send me alot of business...gotta give a little to get alot


p.s. it's a VERY stressful business
 
jnevin said:
I've been doing it for 7 years now. My first year I made $10K doing it. The past 3 I've done very well. The only way to make steady income is to have purchase business. It's all relationships.

hey bro, you work for countrywide?

What do you do with your A paper rejects? :)

had a buddy of mine work for wachovia for awhile and he'd send me the B-C borrowers who couldn't get approved. i gave him a very generous split for the referals while making good money in the process.
 
Loan officer / mortgage broker is the evil twin / retarded cosuin of real estate agents.

Whereas real estate agents are gabby yappy women who hang ou at county clubs and sell houses to other members, loan officers are in a shadowy world of paper exchanging and chasing down leads. Yet all are after a piece of the same pie.

It's kinda funny...my brother does it and he's always like "You got any leads bro?" Never mind that I live in FL and he is in NY. :) But he loves it. He didn;t finish college and even though I told him I will pay for him to go back, he hasn't accepted.
 
calveless wonder said:
hey bro, you work for countrywide?

What do you do with your A paper rejects? :)

had a buddy of mine work for wachovia for awhile and he'd send me the B-C borrowers who couldn't get approved. i gave him a very generous split for the referals while making good money in the process.


I'm an internal non-prime rep for Countrywide. I service 12 offices and 60 LO's. Split's just fine, but thanks.
 
MattTheSkywalker said:
Loan officer / mortgage broker is the evil twin / retarded cosuin of real estate agents.

Whereas real estate agents are gabby yappy women who hang ou at county clubs and sell houses to other members, loan officers are in a shadowy world of paper exchanging and chasing down leads. Yet all are after a piece of the same pie.

It's kinda funny...my brother does it and he's always like "You got any leads bro?" Never mind that I live in FL and he is in NY. :) But he loves it. He didn;t finish college and even though I told him I will pay for him to go back, he hasn't accepted.


I haven't had to scrounge for leads for over three years now. I definitelt see what you're saying though. Get your brother's ass back to school though. There aren't many people that do well in this line of work.
 
if you want to get into it, first work for one of the firms that sells loans to all these smaller brokerages... you will get a waaaaaay better understanding of the whole process and in the end, you will know which ends to work to make yourself more %. L8
 
jnevin said:
I haven't had to scrounge for leads for over three years now. I definitelt see what you're saying though. Get your brother's ass back to school though. There aren't many people that do well in this line of work.

wow, CW has a sub-prime division? didn't even know that. my rep never mentioned it before..but he's a paper
 
Full Spectrum Lending is the 4th largest sub prime lender in the US. CW has the largest servicing portfolio. Never w/o business. I do almost all purchase business now anyway. So tired of refi's.
 
this girl iw as seeing bout a year and a half ago worked for a place called loan express and she made like 90 grand her first year working about 5 hour days on average and very very minimal non phone cold contacting. Basically people just called her business and whoever got the phone first got the lead.
 
Top Bottom