Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another carb qustion!!!??

geness

Hey all,
Heres my question: I try to eat a low carb diet, but like to have some carbs or I get the shakes real bad and start to feel nauesous. I am 5'4, 130about 13%bf. I don't care about ketosis or anything. What is a reasonable range for carbs for me so that i can still have a few, but still stay on the lower end of a low carb diet. Also, since i get the shakes, tired and quesy easily would it be beter for me to eat simple or complex carbs??

Please any help would me sooooo appreciated!!

Some people don't react well to low or no-carb diets......for some they work wonders, for others they don't....the key for a person like myself is to find a happy medium....low carb diets are not the greatest thing to stay on forever anyhow....

I'd day eat 1g of carbs per lbs. of bodyweight a day (ie, if u weigh 175, eat 175 g)
and get at least 1-1.5 g of protein per pound of bodyweight (if uw eigh 175, eat 175-263 g)
Also try to get some good fats from nuts, egg yolks, and olive oil, or flax oil.

as for calories, this is hard part.....i'd suggest eating 12-14 cals per lbs. of bodyweight for 3-4 days followed by a higher calorie refeed day consisting of about 1000 more cals.....

experiment, see what works best...lower or up the carbs as needed.

I"m with him....you need to be getting your weight in carbs each day....I'd eat complex carbs all day untill right after I work out...then I'd eat some simple carbs with a protein shake.

carbs are not bad!!! extra sugar is not the best, as well as extra cals in the diet. you need carbs still. test some things out as everyone is different

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll give it a try. Anyone have any other views, thoughts or ideas on this?? Thanks.

Top Bottom