Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Almonds

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
A clinical trial conducted at the University of Toronto, found that women and men who ate about one ounce (or a handful) of almonds each day lowered their LDL cholesterol by 4.4 percent from baseline. The study showed an even greater decrease of 9.4 percent in LDL cholesterol in those who ate about two handfuls of almonds a day, indicating that almonds' effect increases with increased consumption. The study also found that all of the people in the study, both those who ate only ounce servings and those who ate more, maintained their weight.

source: http://www.prnewswire.com

I've been eating almonds and walnuts as 60% of my daily fat intake for almost 1.5 years.

The last 2 times I did a blood work, my total cholesterol was below the minimum range, and my HDL/Total chol. ratio was in the very top range.

Almonds & walnuts are a great addition to a healthy diet as they provide a hefty amount of fiber and some veg. protein along with the healthy fats.

nuts and CKD

Almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds are also a great and convienent way to get high quality "healthy" fat as well as a lot of fiber while on a CKD. Both almonds and sunflower seeds are listed as having 3.5 grams of fiber and 1.5 grams of "other" carbs per ounce (plus about 15 grams of fat). So, for someone looking to keep carbs below 30 grams per day, it's a great source of fat while keeping "countable carbs" (not fiber) to a minimum.

gymtime said:
Where do peanuts fall on the "healty fat" scale? good or bad?

certainly not bad...

... burt not as good as almonds and walnuts

Top Bottom