Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aldactone= anti-androgen!!!

Aldactone is a diuretic and belongs to the subgroup of potassium--sparing diuretics. Aldactone is an aldosterone antagonist. It influ-ences the body's own hormone, aldosterone, which accelerates the excretion of potassium and reduces the excretion of sodium and water. Simplified, aldosterone regulates the endogenous water household. The higher the aldosterone level, the more water is stored in the body. The use of Aldactone results in a significant reduction in the aldosterone level so that an increased excretion of sodium and water occurs while, at the same time, potassium is reabsorbed. This also explains why Aldactone is called a potassium-sparing diuretic since it does not cause a loss of potassium like thiazides and furosemides (lasix) do. Athletes must strictly observe that during the use of Aldactone no additional potassium is taken since this would cause a life-threatening increase in the serum potassium level. Potassium--sparing diuretics have relatively low diuretic effects so that Aldactone can be called a mild diuretic. It is interesting to note that Aldactone is also an antiandrogen since it reduces the androgen level. Female athletes take advantage of this characteristic by using it to mini-mize the virilization symptoms during steroid treatment or the symptoms after treatment. For this purpose Aldactone is normally taken daily for 10 to14 days, usually in a dose of 50 mg/day. In men this could cause problems since the relationship of the androgen level to the estrogen level changes in favor of the latter. Thus, common side effects in men include pain in the nipples and breast swelling (gynecomastia).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would think that this drug would be very beneficial for women that choose to use AAS, and be even more so for women that use the more androgenic compounds.......My question would be has anyone ever used this? If so, what were your results? please be very detailed:)

(did a search and the only person that came up was Oxygen:( I am hoping more have used it since then)

I would like to hear what W6, Lobo or Ms has to say about this stuff???

Doubt if it would do much to minimize virilization and it would cause electrolyte and body water problems. Why bother? The rebound effect makes you look like a swollen balloon for a couple of days.

Let's put it this way. It's been around for a long time, if it worked that well, you'd here much more about it.

W6

wilson6 said:

Let's put it this way. It's been around for a long time, if it worked that well, you'd here much more about it.

W6

I wish it worked that well :( If it did, I would be on the Deca cycle from hell and headed to the Miss O :D

Top Bottom