Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Activated Barley?

On Activated Barley

Beta-Glucan is the name given to a class of polysaccharides that appear as soluble fiber in certain foods like Activated Barley. Beta-Glucans are now being recognized as the most important of all soluble fibers and Beta-Glucan 1-3 is the superstar of all Beta-Glucans. Hundreds of scientific studies over the last few decades prove that this uniquely structured polysaccharide provides major benefits to the body.

--Immune system boosting: according to scientists Beta-Glucan 1-3 D activates the white blood cells, the defender cells. This increased macrophage (scavenging) activity assists the body as it defends itself from viruses, bacteria, germs and pathogens. Research shows that Activated Barley also contains active SOD enzyme markers, the free radical scavenging enzyme that is known as the master enzyme.

--Cholesterol Control: In the 1999 issue of Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition it stated several reasons why Beta-Glucan (like that found in Activated Barley) might be an effective tool in cholesterol control. Scientists suspect that Beta-Glucans binds to bile acids (the result of old oxidizing cholesterol molecules), which are then expelled from the body. Beta-Glucans also work fast. In one study conducted by Chicago Center for Clinical Research after only six weeks, Beta-Glucan fed groups showed significant
reductions in cholesterol while the control group showed none.

--Energy/ Glucose Control: Beta-Glucans are a highly purified polysaccharide molecule completely made with glucose. This glucose is easily transformed by the body into ATP which is an energy source that can be stored by muscles, the liver, and other tissues. This is vitally important to diabetics. In addition to stabilizing blood and tissue glucose levels, Beta-Glucans like those found in Activated Barley may also trigger hormonal changes that result in reduced insulin resistance.

I've been using a Swedish Oat Starch that is rich in Beta-Glucans, low glycemic, and a high molecular weight carb. I add to shakes to make MRPs on High Cho days. It cost about $3.50 a pound.

The activated barley I found was $22 for 10 ounces :worried:

Thanks!

Where do you order it from?? Im on a high carb day today, massive sugar rush! Well, oats rush anyway...

I get it from true protien. The shipping would be extreme.

myprotien.co.uk has Scottish Oat Starch for 2.49 Euro a kg.

Look into wheat bran. Quaker makes it. It is 1/2 fiber to carbs ratio.

I have just recently been making oatmeal,oat bran muffins for breakfast. amazing

Batch:

9 egg whites
1/2 cup cottage cheese 1%
2 scoop protein
2 carrots grated
2 cups of oatmeal
1 cup oat bran
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp cinnamon

Bake for 20 min at 350.

Wheat Bran is very low. Since the fiber is much higher then oatmeal, i would assume the GI would be lower as well.

Top Bottom