Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

a runners diet...?

I'm good friends with a number of long distance runners at school. Made the mistake of running with David one morning before I knew what he did... my goodness is low days are 7-8 miles. Most of them are ripped to shreds, but don't have much upper body mass, not huge amount on the legs either. Two reaons.

Big upper body helps for starts, thats true, but once you get past 1/2 mile runs you don't come out of blocks anyways, so usually spriters will have the bb look. Look at michael johnson, he could bench 225 20 times, and did so weekly. His split time on the 200 would/did beat the old record for the 100 mt.

Longer runs even fast starts don't play as much of a role, and that 10/20 lb of muscle is just a hinderance so they are skinny lil freaks :)

If he's looking to do marathons he's gonna be heart broken like a 6'5 110 lb guy would be when his first goal in lifting is to beat out Coleman, drug free. Tell him to set achievable goals, ones he can reach in a month or two or so. And build up to marathons.

Lots of pasta, stay away from simple sugars the burst isn't good for long runs. A good recovery shake post run is essential.

it improves breathing because it's an asthma med and it also burns fat by heating up body temp-you take it 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off-start at a low dose and when you start to get sides, cut it back

i just finished my last year of runnning. i am a sprinter. the bulkiness comes in handy pumping your arms. There are a shit load of skinnny ass guys that have whooped my ass just because stride ratio. Anyway yeah sprinting is a power sport, u need muscle for thath shit, look at maurice greenes gorilla ass!!! swol

Top Bottom