Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting A Bit Skeptical

MadeOfTren

Banned
First off let me start by voicing my personal opinion that anything a pro says about diet,workout,drugs, etc. is 100% bullshit. For example I read an interview with Dorian Yates and he stated he was only consuming 5000-6000 calories a day.
Now according to all the GREAT information I have gathered over the years on site like bb.com I understand to gain you need a surplus and to lose you need a deficit. But does this ideally correlate to what we want to actually gain? Sure you can eat a surplus and add weight. Even on anabolics, how much of this is actually lean mass? How much is fat? How much is water? Sure I have done a few cycles and saw dramatic weight changes. I started my first cycle at 190 lbs. 6 weeks into the cycle of 500mg Test Cyp./week and 50mg Tren Ace ED I was hitting 225. However, I was seeing this 225 turn to 215 every morning. It was in fact water retention without a doubt.
The next cycle I ran was a test prop and winstrol IM cycle. I had a horrible diet and barely ate anything except junk at nighttime and was holding at 217 and considerably defined for 15% bodyfat. Then it all came crumbling down and I was forced to get off due to injury. I abruptly stopped my cycle, stopped training, stopped eating, and started popping oxycodone constantly. Within two months I was 204 lbs. But it seemed all other things constant my body did now hold at a new base weight than it ever did prior. And this was on a horrible diet of maybe getting 2000 calories if lucky.

This leads me to my skepticism of actual lean gains really requiring such a surplus of caloric intake if you are truely training with the intent of a bodybuilder. I just finished up a cycle of test,deca,dbol about a month ago and hit 235 at about 14% bodyfat. I am now holding at 231 lbs with a diet that is up there in caloric intake. But I sacrificed adding the inevitable bodyfat. I will be the first to admit that my bulking diet is a whatever I can get in me diet due in part to financial issues of being a self supporting and funding college student. I get my meat by whatever means it takes even if I have to commit some immoral acts. I am in no way questioning protein intake which I believe should be 2g per lb. of bw on cycle. Is there really such a thing as a lean bulk? I know it is proposed in alot of plans and cycles but is it really a tangible and feasible option?

I would like others feedback on all of this and any success or failures you have had playing around with diets.

I'm not a pro by no means but one thing that came to mind when I read this was to keep all the muscle and mass you have to keep your food intake up because you have to feed the muscles you have and built up because if you don't keep feeding them they will consume theirselves and you'll shrink so that's why you have to eat so much in this lifestyle. Make sense?

I don't really get the message in you post bro. It sounds like you've never really had a dialed in diet and to be honest (and I'm making an assumption you're of average height) being 230 and 14 or 15% body fat is not the same as being 230 and even 10%. I just wouldn't use your results as dispvoving the need for big surplus for big gains. Additionally, a normal person cannot be compared to a person like Yates or any of the freaks present or past genetically. They respond to food, drugs and training in a way that you or I will never experience. I agree that a lot of what you read in magazines regarding what the pros do is not always accurate but Yates assertion that he ate 5000-6000 calories is probably in line.

They respond to food, drugs and training in a way that you or I will never experience. .

Looking at your pic idk about that for you bro... You look like you responded to training and food pretty well (no homo). I would like to get people in my height range 6'0" , long limbs body type, to give advice on their experiences

So where could we start to get me on track to get that bf% down?
To get your bodyfat down I think it's best to keep it simple. 2g protein per pound of body weight every day, 100grams of carbs on workout days (all of it in the 2 meals pre-workout) and under 50grams of fats. Then on non workout days, same protein zero carbs and bump your fats to 100grams. Weights 3x per week and cardio 5 or 6 days. For me, I do geriatric pace practically. 3.5 mph on the treadmill at 5% incline for 45 minutes. It's an easy diet to follow and you'll lean up without question.

Last edited by a moderator:
overgreen;11915553 to keep all the muscle and mass you have to keep your food intake up because you have to feed the muscles you have and built up because if you don't keep feeding them they will consume theirselves and you'll shrink so that's why you have to eat so much in this lifestyle.[/QUOTE said:
This isn't' entirely true. Yes your body CAN break down muscles for fuel, but only in the fasted state does this occur (10-12 hours of not eating). If your eating a basic diet your going to maintain your muscle mass (you just might not feel as big because you won't be bloated)

This isn't' entirely true. Yes your body CAN break down muscles for fuel, but only in the fasted state does this occur (10-12 hours of not eating). If your eating a basic diet your going to maintain your muscle mass (you just might not feel as big because you won't be bloated)

Totally depends on the muscle you're carrying. If you're eating 300-400 grams of protein per day and begin to diet and drop that protein to 100 grams per day (which would be a normalized diet) there is zero chance that you won't lose muscle. As for the "fasted state" that has very little to do with holding muscle (in the ncontext of the 10-12 hours you referred to). A person could eat one meal eavery 24 hours and as long and the cals and macros were in line, they would have no issues with losing muscle. I know this goes against the "6 meals per day" ideal but study after study has proven that meal frequency is not critical or even important when it comes to body composition.

To get your bodyfat down I think it's best to keep it simple. 2g protein per pound of body weight every day, 100grams of carbs on workout days (all of it in the 2 meals pre-workout) and under 50grams of fats. Then on non workout days, same protein zero carbs and bump your fats to 100grams. Weights 3x per week and cardio 5 or 6 days. For me, I do geriatric pace practically. 3.5 mph on the treadmill at 5% incline for 45 minutes. It's an easy diet to follow and you'll lean up without question.

See I lift about 5 days per week. I fell into the bulk/cut routine and of course I was bulking and it led to gain but at the price of fat. I have always consumed about 2g protein per pound bodyweight while cutting but for bulking maybe 1-1.5g.
So you are suggesting 100g carbs on workout days??? Wow... That is very low. Right now I am noramlly eating 700-900g a day as I like to prescribe to the 2.5-3:1 carb:protein ratio.
I mean there is the obvious good things bulking like you look huge as fuck but at the cost of alot of vascularity and definition.
I am currently on only anavar at 50mg a day as a pct bridge.
My next cycle I am planning
700-800mg any test ester a week
75mg tren ace daily
400mg mast enanthate weekly
oral turinobol weeks 1-4 at 50mg a day
And yes guys I for one realize the drugs are only about 30% of the game. You would be surprised to find out some people at your gym that look like crap actually juice. It is simple juice plus no diet is not going to have astounding results for the average genetic person. I know this as well bc I have been there before.

See I lift about 5 days per week. I fell into the bulk/cut routine and of course I was bulking and it led to gain but at the price of fat. I have always consumed about 2g protein per pound bodyweight while cutting but for bulking maybe 1-1.5g.
So you are suggesting 100g carbs on workout days??? Wow... That is very low. Right now I am noramlly eating 700-900g a day as I like to prescribe to the 2.5-3:1 carb:protein ratio.
I mean there is the obvious good things bulking like you look huge as fuck but at the cost of alot of vascularity and definition.
I am currently on only anavar at 50mg a day as a pct bridge.
My next cycle I am planning
700-800mg any test ester a week
75mg tren ace daily
400mg mast enanthate weekly
oral turinobol weeks 1-4 at 50mg a day
And yes guys I for one realize the drugs are only about 30% of the game. You would be surprised to find out some people at your gym that look like crap actually juice. It is simple juice plus no diet is not going to have astounding results for the average genetic person. I know this as well bc I have been there before.

It is low carbs for sure. This is just the method that I have found to work best for me. Others can cut great on much higher carbs and when I was in my 20's and early 30's I could pull it off. But, I'll be 45 in May and for me to get lean I have to cut the carbs very low. This method of eating has just been very easy for me to stick to over a 12 week period compared to some other diets I've monkeyed with. I get my carbs on workout days from raw oats, yams and occassionally flax seed bread. Protein is mostly lean sources (chicken breast, egg whites, eye of round, extra lean ground turkey) but I'll eat a more fatty piece of red meat about once per week. Fats are from Omega 3 eggs, seeds and nuts and fish oil caps and then whatever slips in there in the other foods I eat. No dairy for me - I love milk but can't cut on it.

Top Bottom