Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sales People Party Tits..No Doubt!!

nitlyan

If everyone was paid the exact same salary, what position in your company would you want??

I can't believe anyone would NOT say sales. Here is why..

1. Freedom...out of the office,
2. Phat lunches and dinners with clients on the company dime! While you geeks are stuck behind your desks where you belong.
3. Lifting if an appointment gets canceled...no one knows but you and the geeks are stuck in the office and can't leave! haha
4. Crazy parties you get invited to because you know every CEO< CIO, CFO, VP in town!!! Office jockeys do not..
5. Never fear of a layoff..due to the UP and UPs you personally know from above #4.
6. Win company trips for selling....due to your skills at handshakes, drinking, smiling, and whifing that line of Hooty in the bathroom with the right VP! haha
7. When it's 4 o'clock and you are watching the clock from behind your desk..I am at the bar having a cocktail with another Executive from a competitor exchanging cards and watching the afternoon ball game...HAHAHAHA

................SUCKERS......................................:D

Yea...sales was cool for several years. Glad you like it. I hate telemarketers though. Nothing happens until something is sold.

Test boy said:
Yea...sales was cool for several years. Glad you like it. I hate telemarketers though. Nothing happens until something is sold.

Telemarketers????????????????????????What the fuck is that???????????? That's not sales, that's a desk jockey bothering some poor bastard without an appointment.

if everyone was paid the same in that company i would find a different company to work for. im better than anyone else in a company and if i am not compensated for my genius i will not work there.

MoneyBags said:
if everyone was paid the same in that company i would find a different company to work for. im better than anyone else in a company and if i am not compensated for my genius i will not work there.
Money..it was just a scenario for God's sake. Lighten up bud. Well I run my own deal so it wouldn't matter to me anyway....You don't get rich working for someone else!!!!!!!!!!! But, if I had to go work for someone else again I would definitely be in Sales again.........PARTY!

Ahhhhh sales....I remember it well. Lot's of netwoking and fucking around, and very little in the way of actual "work." I enjoyed the hell out of it. :D Not everyone is cut out for it though. There is a lot of bullshit involved, and you have to outgoing and friendly (or like in my case, fake it).

What kind of sales are you in nitlyan? I did some financial services stuff for a year or so, but quit to go back to school...big mistake there. I'd love to get back into in though, maybe do it for the government or something..

t.

I run my own Network Solutions company, but I essentially sell Telecom Services to Fortune 100 businesses. You know..DS1 to OC-n....the shit that connects GEORGE to all of us....It is pretty cool. Geeks keep making new services that are cheaper, like every year, so I sell the same company over and over and over again..Thanks geeks for the easiest sale ever!

nitlyan said:
I run my own Network Solutions company, but I essentially sell Telecom Services to Fortune 100 businesses. You know..DS1 to OC-n....the shit that connects GEORGE to all of us....It is pretty cool. Geeks keep making new services that are cheaper, like every year, so I sell the same company over and over and over again..Thanks geeks for the easiest sale ever!

What kind of experience do your sales reps have, or is it just you? I always figured sales in the IT industry would be pretty sweet...

Top Bottom