Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you eat post workout when you can't make your usual meal?

elgenyo

I think it's safe to say we've all done this before. You come home from an intense workout and realize you haven't defrosted anything and have nothing prepared. What do you make in a pinch?

I make a toasted tuna fish sandwich on wheat. It's got carbs and protein so I figure it meets the two most important requirements.

I do the same thing actually. Either that or heat up a 2 boca burgers (about 35g of protein like 1g of fat...not bad) slap those on wheat bread with some mustard.

Yeah..I mean they're not bad tasting..several different types..only downside is it's processed ..not bad when you're in a pinch though.

Morning star stuff isn't too bad either..spicy black bean burgers and the burgers have good fiber and protein..

All that shit is vegetarian though which is why there's such little fat.

I don't think he's talking about right POST workout, but the meal that follows the post workout shake.. AM I right?

Right now, i just bring my post workout shake with me, 2 scoops of whey with 50g of dextrose, down it on the ride home from the gym. Before this, i would eat 1 1/2 to 2 cups of brown rice with 8oz of grilled chicken. there are days when i forget that im low on rice and didnt cook it, i will always have white rice in the fridge(myfamily eats white rice everyday), so i will use the white rice, doesnt matter much since its post workout. if i dont have any chicken or fish defrosted which is rare (if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail), i will eat 3 slices of white bread with 1 tbs, of jelly or honey on each slice, then 2 scoops of whey with water.

other options include, 1 large or 2 medium bananas, and 2 scoops of whey. 1 cup oatmeal (uncooked) blended with 2 scoops of whey and water. just be creative, i just gave you 5 examples, they all add up to about 500-550 calories. just make sure you eat carbs (slow or fast digesting) and protein, keep fat intake minimal or none.

Top Bottom