Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

too much protein?

capnnoway

IMO I think most guys take too much protein... Your body can only absorb so much and you get a lot just from foods that you eat.

I have even emailed Designer Protein... they say 1 - 2 scoops is the most anyone should take per day.
I don't think taking more will hurt you AND its not that expensive, so maybe its better to be safe than sorry and drink 5 lbs a week.

O.K., well you go right ahead & listen to that 2 scoop a day & see where it gets you in the end. Sure you didn't call Kellogs about raisin brand?:D If you only weight like a buck 50 or something I could see you getting your protein form foods but, when you weight 150+ it'd be awefully hard & you need to take in fast absorbing protien after your workout. Maybe we do over do it a bit but, in general I'd have to say it's been proven time & time again that without the proper amount of protien you are not going to get equal gains. Your body absorbs more while on cycle & in either case on or off, you do not know for sure exactly how much your body uses & Designer Protien sure as the hell doesn't know how much is good for each person. Just my $.02

supertech69
I agree, you do need fast absorbing protein right after the workout and you do need more when on a cycle.

But I have been reading about guys in here saying they take spend $1500 a month on protein powder... that's a lot!

$1500 a month on protien is certainly nuts! They are using waaaaay too much protien powder & even still for that kinda money they are buying some expensive shit on top of buying a lot. I'd love to see how they look, I'd bet that $1500 that it's not real good! Pissing it away

Anyone ever hear of food???

I used to be a protein powder abuser, but I have found that lean fish, steak, chicken, turkey is just a better option. I suck down some powder after a work-out, but other than an occasional quick snack I try to keep the protein powders to a minimum.

I still get between 375-425 grams a day, and at 215 lbs. That seems to be quite enough

Re: Anyone ever hear of food???

The_Eviscerator said:
I used to be a protein powder abuser, but I have found that lean fish, steak, chicken, turkey is just a better option. I suck down some powder after a work-out, but other than an occasional quick snack I try to keep the protein powders to a minimum.

I still get between 375-425 grams a day, and at 215 lbs. That seems to be quite enough

Good man. I drink 1...at the max 2 shakes per day. The rest of my protein comes from tuna, chicken, and beef.

capnnoway said:
IMO I think most guys take too much protein... Your body can only absorb so much and you get a lot just from foods that you eat.

I have even emailed Designer Protein... they say 1 - 2 scoops is the most anyone should take per day.
I don't think taking more will hurt you AND its not that expensive, so maybe its better to be safe than sorry and drink 5 lbs a week.

I'd have to agree with him. I read somewhere that the body can't absorb more than 40gm at one sitting (or meal). The rest is just pissed away. Times that by 7 or 8 meals (max) and you get 280 to 320 grams per day... If you can't grow with that much protein then just go visit your gynecologist!

:rainbow:

Some of you guys confuse me.... 2g's per lb? If you weigh around 300 pounds thats 600 g's of protein... do I hear Kidney Stones? Personally I think 1.5 is enough.... I weigh 170 and I eat about 200g per day... Thats about 1.2g for me... and that seems to be enough... But I do hear you guys when youre talking about how it is harder to meet the requirements from food when you weigh like 200+.... but DAMN 400-600g a protein a day is hard on the kidneys

Top Bottom