Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Soya Milk

PANTS

I've given up milk in favour of SOYA MILK (sweetened).
I've given it up to see if it clears my complexion.
Is the protein in this as good? What are people's opinions on soya milk?

Ignore Diamond...I'm 100% certain he is someone's pet parrot that has somehow learned how to type, and he just repeats the same misinformation over and over again.

Soy milk is fine, but make sure it's real soy milk, and not that processed crap that's got flavorings, emulsifiers, etc... added to it. Sweetened seems a particularly bad idea IMHO. If you want to test whether or not dairy is affecting your complexion, why not just drop milk for a while (soy, cow, or otherwise)? You can always add protein into your diet in other ways.

agree with MS, soy milk is fine

if you take one with no added calcium you'd better take extra Ca (though it is called soy milk, it is not milk => no Ca)

MS said:
Ignore Diamond...I'm 100% certain he is someone's pet parrot that has somehow learned how to type, and he just repeats the same misinformation over and over again.

Soy milk is fine, but make sure it's real soy milk, and not that processed crap that's got flavorings, emulsifiers, etc... added to it. Sweetened seems a particularly bad idea IMHO. If you want to test whether or not dairy is affecting your complexion, why not just drop milk for a while (soy, cow, or otherwise)? You can always add protein into your diet in other ways.
WHO ARE YOU TO TELL SOMEONE NOT TO LISTEN TO ME?

Diamond, I say that because all you ever seem to do is read T-mag and quote their misinformation on soy which is based on sensationalist journalism gleaned from decades old experiments in rats, cheetahs and cell lines so that folks will buy their whey-based protein supps. If you read current research ON HUMANS (including males), you would learn that you're spouting pure garbage, therefore I tell people to ignore your uninformed and bad advice. If you gave informed advice, it would be a different matter. Soy proteins appears to have ANTI estrogenic properties in humans. Strange but true that once again, we're not like rats.

MS said:
Diamond, I say that because all you ever seem to do is read T-mag and quote their misinformation on soy which is based on sensationalist journalism gleaned from decades old experiments in rats, cheetahs and cell lines so that folks will buy their whey-based protein supps. If you read current research ON HUMANS (including males), you would learn that you're spouting pure garbage, therefore I tell people to ignore your uninformed and bad advice. If you gave informed advice, it would be a different matter. Soy proteins appears to have ANTI estrogenic properties in humans. Strange but true that once again, we're not like rats.
tell that to well respected personal trainer carlobuzzichelli.com who trained me and told me soy raises estrogen-I guess he's a moron too

I'm not calling anyone a moron. I'm just pointing out that that rumor/belief is outdated based on studies done in humans. There is no doubt that soy is estrogenic in male rats, and this is a large part of where the belief that is is estrogenic in human males came from. So your trainers info was merely out of date. This should be a cutting edge diet discussion board, not your ordinary rumor mill.

It wasn't that long ago top trainers were (and many still are) telling folks that ketogenic diets are bad for you, don't work, or will ruin your kidneys. It doesn't make them morons, they're just not up with the play.........

Top Bottom