Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recomposition: The holy grail of bodybuilding

This is a subject I've been giving a lot of thought these days. One thing that I am thinking though, while on cycle a common belief is that our major growth happens early in the cycle before myostatin levels rise. If we are going to go 50/50 with a +30% / -30% calorie plan would it not be more beneficial to run say a 16 week cycle with the first 8 weeks at +30, and the last 8 at -30?

Having said that, this is exactly what I did - although it wasn't planned. I gained too much fat on my first cycle which was supposed to be 12 week cycle but cut the bulk short and started cutting near the end and extended the cycle to 16 weeks with the last 7 a pretty drastic cut. I have to say it was pretty hard going from full on to full off and 7 weeks of hardcore dieting is hard on the mind. So I imagine every other day would be easier to do but it would seem that we may be wasting time dieting when myostatin is low and we could be growing.

Thoughts?

This is a subject I've been giving a lot of thought these days. One thing that I am thinking though, while on cycle a common belief is that our major growth happens early in the cycle before myostatin levels rise. If we are going to go 50/50 with a +30% / -30% calorie plan would it not be more beneficial to run say a 16 week cycle with the first 8 weeks at +30, and the last 8 at -30?

Having said that, this is exactly what I did - although it wasn't planned. I gained too much fat on my first cycle which was supposed to be 12 week cycle but cut the bulk short and started cutting near the end and extended the cycle to 16 weeks with the last 7 a pretty drastic cut. I have to say it was pretty hard going from full on to full off and 7 weeks of hardcore dieting is hard on the mind. So I imagine every other day would be easier to do but it would seem that we may be wasting time dieting when myostatin is low and we could be growing.

Thoughts?

Yes, being on cycle obviously can change a lot of factors. I always go to a daily surplus for the first half of a cycle, then go to a defecit in the last half when gains start stalling out. That method is still recomp when looking at the cycle as a whole, but structured a little differently to maximize results based on myostatin and other factors.

Top Bottom