Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which protein from Proteinfactory.com is the best?

StoneColdGold said:
you guys that use the penta pro should really consider going with a custom blend that doesn't have soy in it. that shit is horrendous for you.

Ok, what is wrong with soy? I has been proven over and over again in studies to have many benefits. Ofcourse it has a low BV, but that is why it should not be the sole protein supplemented but in a stack.

Some have purpotrated that soy looks like an estrogen molecule and can act as a estrogen in the human male body, but studies actually reveal that soy may act much like nolvadex and actually occupy the estrogen receptor site leading to less water retention. And that is on top of the greatly reduced chance of cancer as well as cardiac benefits. So again why not use it in a stack?

i buy their ion exchange whey isolate. It blends easier than any protein I've ever used and has never caused me any stomach problems. you can easily mix 60 grams into 8 ounces of water and gulp it (though it tastes fine).

What's the advantage in blending proteins?

musclebrains said:

What's the advantage in blending proteins?

Different digestion rates. Most agree that it is impossible to digest 60g of whey at one time, but is possible to digest it over a several hour period. Since it isn't convenient to drink 20g per hour, they blend proteins to allow you to consume it at once.

Here are some quotes:

"Unfortunately, soy protein contains two rather significant "unfriendly" phytoestrogens, both of which appear to have estrogenic activity. They are called genistein and diadzein....

One (study) in particular, using mice, found genistein (2.5 mg/kg of bodyweight for nine days) to result in reduced testicular and serum testosterone concentrations, in addition to a reduced amount of luteinizing hormone in the pituitary.(1) They concluded that genistein, when given to adult males, "induced typical estrogenic effects in doses comparable to those present in soy-based diets."

"Another found that a soy and alfalfa-free diet with a 0.1% concentration of genistein decreased the rate of bodyweight gain in Sprague-Dawley rats and a marginal decrease in prostate weight.(2) (Although avoiding prostate hypertrophy is a good thing in adults, a decrease in prostate weight is indicative of feminizing effects.) The scientists concluded that scientists who do endocrine toxicology studies should use phytoestrogen-free diets, lest the phytoestrogens interact with manmade chemicals and screw up the results.

Others found more serious problems. One cited "significant testicular cell death" when genistein was administered.(3) They noted that while sodium azide, a highly toxic chemical that's a potent vasodilator, killed testicular cells by inducing necrotic death, genistein killed them by inducing apoptoic death (in essence, fragmentation of the cells)—a small distinction, in my book. This sperm death may be a result of their inability to repair themselves. (4)"

"Let's consider soy's affects on T production first. The ability of soy protein to decrease Testosterone levels has been well demonstrated. One study displayed a 76% reduction of Testosterone production in men, after ingestion of soy protein over a brief period of time.(4) In yet another study, an inverse association was found between soy protein intake and Testosterone levels in Japanese men.(5)"

StoneColdGold said:
you guys that use the penta pro should really consider going with a custom blend that doesn't have soy in it. that shit is horrendous for you.

i usually just buy one bag of whey isolate and one bag of casienate. then, depending on which meal it is (early morning, post workout, evening, etc) I will use either one or the other or a blend of the two. You want fast absorption in the a.m. and post workout (isolate), and slower absorption during the day (blend), and the slowest possible absorption right before bed, (casienate).

I have read some other studies that say that the studies that claim that soy is bad are bullshit. I don't really know but I'm not convinced that it is bad for you.

I actually do use more than just the penta pro. I use a custom blend for post workout which is fast acting proteins. I take caseinate before bed. It does make sense to keep absorbtion rates in mind.

Top Bottom