Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MISO SOUP= High Protein.

PANTS

Hey guys I've just read that Japanese Miso soup is good stuff for bulking and is very high in protein. Apparently Sumo wrestlers and martial artists drink it.
i've got holf of some but the package is all in...well........
Japanese!
Can anyone tell me any nutritional info about this stuff? And is it any good for a bodybuilder? Tastes good!

Afraid not...

Maybe in large quanities but an average serving of Miso Soup, has only about 3-5 grams of protein per 8oz. It is made from a soybean and barley paste and some soup stock.

But it is very good :)

Sorry,
Snooker

I'll ask my g/f today. What quantity do you have?
I'll try to find out if she knows any nutritional facts about it. (you probably guessed she's Japanese)

Actually, when I was in Japan years ago, Miso soup was a big part of my diet. It tasted great and kept me pretty lean, (no fat gain at all), and I seemed to get more muscular, but again, these are individual results. (I've lived on tuna and mayo for 5 months, so you can see where I'm coming from when I say "individual results" .. LOL)

Mr.X:cool:

I have 500grams of the Paste, of which you use around 2-3 dessert spoons per servings.
Do you know the full nutritional breakdown (fats etc) for this stuff?
I'm loving it, especially with chicken noodles!!
Oh thanx BTW.

Full nutritional info...

Per three teaspoons of Miso paste

Calories 36
Protein 3g
Total Fat 1g
Sodium 309mg
Cholesterol 0mg
Carbohydrates 4g
Fiber 1g

bump for snooker, I just found out a second ago that it's basically soybean and other "grass" ingredients.:D
I'd say if you add some beef and chicken into it, then it would be a great protein soup.
Mr.X:cool:

I live in Japan and eat a steady diet of it. It doesn't have many calories and like X said it's made of crushed soybeans. If you really want something good with Miso Soup try boiling water adding the paste and scramble 1 or 2 eggs in and it tastes great! Japanese food is the shit!!

Top Bottom