Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insulin Spike??? Anyone

ed2005

Can anyone tell me what causes an iinsulin spike and how you know? Also what would you take post workout or pre workout for that matter to prevent it. Ta

ed2005 said:
Can anyone tell me what causes an iinsulin spike and how you know? Also what would you take post workout or pre workout for that matter to prevent it. Ta

Prevent it? Why?

An insulin spike is favorable following a workout. I down 80 grams dextrose/malto with 40 grams whey within the 30 minutes following my workout. This will cause an insulin spike. I then eat a meal 1.5 hours later. I'll let my more scientifically inclined members explain why this is beneficial.

s w o l e said:
An insulin spike is favorable following a workout. I down 80 grams dextrose/malto with 40 grams whey within the 30 minutes following my workout. This will cause an insulin spike. I then eat a meal 1.5 hours later. I'll let my more scientifically inclined members explain why this is beneficial.[/QUOTE

Thanks Swole, anyone tell me why it benefits then? Sorry for the ignorance Flowerz, when I competed many moons ago they didn't even know what a pancreas was..... lol
Back to training full time now 20 years later and am just trying to catch up on 20 years of progress. I read most posts but when I'm a little confused I ask via posting, hope you all don't mind that too much. Thanks.
Ed

JavaGuru said:
Spiking insulin is good during and after a workout.
Why during ?

I love insulin..
so i can eat a shit load of carbs and insulin will help me suck them all in??

roidpuple said:
I love insulin..
so i can eat a shit load of carbs and insulin will help me suck them all in??

Not quite - it's a double-edged sword - as your muscles can only hold so much glucose - the excess engages lipolysis (i.e., you get some junk in the trunk).

Insulin can be your best friend, and your worst enemy. The trick is to strike the proper personal balance between adequately feeding your muscles while simultaneously avoiding the dreaded spillover into fat storage.

Top Bottom