x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Glycemic Index and Baked Potato

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Glycemic Index and Baked Potato within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: I saw the baked potato's have a high ranking on the glycemic index, in the 90's. The value of potato's is that they are so high in complex carbs, SO IF THAT IS THE CASE - WHY DO THEY RATE SO HIGH ON THE GLYCEMIC INDEX???? This worries me cause we usually carb up on potato's before a show, and with a rating like 90 - we might as well be carbing up on jelly or sugar? Could some one please explane?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Question

I saw the baked potato's have a high ranking on the glycemic index, in the 90's.

The value of potato's is that they are so high in complex carbs, SO IF THAT IS THE CASE - WHY DO THEY RATE SO HIGH ON THE GLYCEMIC INDEX????

This worries me cause we usually carb up on potato's before a show, and with a rating like 90 - we might as well be carbing up on jelly or sugar?

Could some one please explane?

Re: Glycemic Index and Baked Potato

The glycemic index really doesn't mean a whole lot. It is a measure of how fast the carbohydrate source raises blood sugar levels when eating by itself on an empty stomach. If you eat the carbohydrate with a protein source and fibre source (like vegetables) the glycemic index will be MUCH lower.

No one eats potatoes by themselves. They are a side dish to a steak and asparagus, chicken breast and corn etc.