Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eating prosciutto in your diet

stefhan chary

I was wondering how healthy this ham is, cold cuts in general have bad reputation because of the risk of developing cancer, but prosciutto seems to be like a more natural ham because there no artificial flavors and chemicals added to it , but also it very salted so I guess it contain high amounts of sodium, is this something you can add to your salads and as snack? or it will increase your cholesterol levels and create water retention?

It is no different than any typical processed deli meat. I guess it would be similar to pepperoni or salami. Definitely not something you want to include in your diet.

Prosciutto is basically Italian bacon. Come on man. You know that bacon shouldn't be regularly incorporated into a diet. For the occasional cheat meal here and there - no problem but it's not something you should be eating on a regular basis.

There is very little protein in prosciutto. It is mostly fat.

Stick with lean protein sources like skinless poultry, wild fish, grass fed beef, egg whites, whey isolate etc

Top Bottom